Mobile phone scam

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mobile phone scam

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Reading the headlines about this woman approaching people in the town reminded me. Yesterday the same woman approached me and asked If I had a mobile phone she could borrow to make an urgent call.
    I’ve seen many scams both here and abroad and can usually tell a fake request from a genuine one. I told her I didn’t have a phone, of course I do and watched her as she went around other people. Be warned she will do a Usain Bolt as soon as she gets hold of your phone.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Is this the same woman who has previously been seen in hightown with a younger lad asking for phones and money?

Does anyone know who she is?

beedar
    Participant

Her name’s Ceri Gale, originally from Llangollen but now living in Wrexham

Simon
    Participant

They’re a pair of smackheads. Been approached by them twice now. Girl has shown me a one-way rail ticket from Rhyl and asked for money twice. They are banned from ASDA.

Simon
    Participant

She also frequents the Cambrian. Asking people to buy her a drink until ‘a friend’ turns up with her money.

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – Wrexham man defied court order not to return to town centre

Rob
    Participant

Posted this on Facebook and it has had 25k views and about 60 comments so far – lots of accounts from people have come in and quite a few posted on there.

Direct link to the FB thread: https://www.facebook.com/wrexhamdotcom/posts/755842484470503

Obviously no indication they are all the same person, but some accounts posted up are not great to read at all.

Andy
    Participant

The really sad thing about this is how it will deter people from helping somebody genuine.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Once in ASDA carpark I watched “rustling” in the shrubbery between the store and Alexandra School and saw a 30ish Male set up a Wheelchair. He then sat in it and wheeled around “cap in hand” approaching people as they returned to their cars. Most likely he was pulling a wounded veteran act.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Can the police not operate a sting in the area, I’d do a shift, would love to smack a smackhead around the head.

Darlofan
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 18116 wrote:

Can the police not operate a sting in the area, I’d do a shift, would love to smack a smackhead around the head.

My god woman you can’t do that. You have to caution them for 20 or30 offences then use taxpayers money for experts to help them before they start robbing and thieving again. Whereas you hit them and you end up with a criminal record and paying a huge fine.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News