Minimum alcohol price set for Wales!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Minimum alcohol price set for Wales!

• Author

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=139211]It could be something that should be welcomed. It may prevent
    Supermarkets using alcohol as ‘loss leaders’ (why not offer cheaper
    food), and also may reduce domestic abuse, where the guy gets pissed
    at home and bullies the wife. If he gets stroppy in the pub, he soon
    gets answered.

I think it could be a good move all round.

[/quote]

Not once have I had a drink and bullied my wife! Don’t see why I should literally pay for those who do

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=139235]

It could be something that should be welcomed. It may prevent
    Supermarkets using alcohol as ‘loss leaders’ (why not offer cheaper
    food), and also may reduce domestic abuse, where the guy gets pissed
    at home and bullies the wife. If he gets stroppy in the pub, he soon
    gets answered.

I think it could be a good move all round.

It’s aimed at people with serious alcohol problems, you know the sort who are willing to spend less on food to ensure that they have enough money to fuel their alcohol habits? A price rise will do nothing to deter those sorts of people.

Those who want to force this nanny state nonsense on all of us clearly learned nothing from prohibition. Even if you make alcohol literally impossible to get hold of via legal means, those with problems are still going to find a way to get their fix. Whether it be through bulk buying from bootleggers or by creating their own dangerously strong homebrews.

The people who will be affected most will be moderate low-income drinkers, not alcoholics. As always, the nanny state government can only come up with basic solutions to complex issues, proving that those who govern on our behalf are generally incompetent.

[/quote]

Exactly, but it’s the do good-er, politically correct, liberals etc. etc. whatever you want to call them that force the agenda for all these sort of things, but it is not the majority it is the minority of people, which is why these days when Joe Public is given the chance to shove it up the establishment, Brexit, Trump, Germany etc. they take it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News