Mines Rescue Station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mines Rescue Station

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@zinger 2592 wrote:

Sorry, I dont understand the last bit.

the leader backed away after a few days… Dicken buys a lot of advertising space in the leader… co-incidence?

The leader is never concerned about the local people, it only looks after those who buy adverts.

zinger
    Participant

Thanks Wayne, got you now.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Zinger is obsessed with this topic. He/she even manages to raise it on the article regarding the new hotel under construction. I say again, except for the front facade, the building has no architectural or cultural importance and should be put to a use that is more in keeping with modern day. Many, many changes WERE made around 2000. Perhaps he/she should keep their reminiscences in their minds eye and let development take its natural course. Or perhaps, get a life.

Chris
    Participant

@BenjaminM 2681 wrote:

Zinger is obsessed with this topic. He/she even manages to raise it on the article regarding the new hotel under construction. I say again, except for the front facade, the building has no architectural or cultural importance and should be put to a use that is more in keeping with modern day. Many, many changes WERE made around 2000. Perhaps he/she should keep their reminiscences in their minds eye and let development take its natural course. Or perhaps, get a life.

Myabe its thanks to people like Zinger that not all historic buildings are destroyed.
    CADW disagree with you with regards to the importance to this building. remenber this was the last surviving mine rescue building in Wales until it was ILEGALY demolioshed.
    Remember Queens Street look what we had before the developers moved in and look at whats there now. It was a deisgrace then and the council have learnt nothing from it.

The Racecourse is another piece of land that is always in the property developers eye. How long before something happens to that piece of land? AGAIN.

I guess you would prefer another pre fab builing in it place to match all the other non discript buildings being put up around Wrexham turning it into another town without character.

I for one will not let the out of town property scum developers distroy what is left of Wrexhams heritage.

Thank You Zinger for keeping this issue alive and thank you Benjamin for raising this topic to the top of this forun again where it need to be until the building is saved.

zinger
    Participant

Benjamin, did you not read my previous post where I stated that the films on youtube WERE taken in 2010 & there are photo’s taken at the same time? It is also on The Wrexham Story. The reason that I am ‘obsessed’ as you put it, with the rescue station is because I & others like me had relatives who worked in the mines, relatives who were rescue team members, relatives who worked in the hell hole that was Gresford in 1934 & relatives who were in a rescue team that rebuilt Gresford Colliery after that time securing the jobs of 1000’s for another 40 years & a relative whose job it was to make sure that it never happened again. If that makes me ‘obsessed’ then so be it. This amazing building, not the superintendants house that is visible from the front, is open to the elements with not a piece of tarpaulin covering it to protect it from the elements and winter is approaching.

KKOB
    Participant

@Chris 2682 wrote:

I for one will not let the out of town property scum developers distroy what is left of Wrexhams heritage.

Is there any likelyhood of any local property development companies investing in the future of the city ?

zinger
    Participant

Since when did we become a city? There are some flats near the university which would make a great car park, close to town & near to the railway station & the football ground. Seriously though, won’t the hotel to be built be a new development? Did anyone complain about that? It is only when heritage is at stake that there is a problem. There have been a number of new developments in recent years which has left our town centre bereft of heritage & with a number of empty shops.

KKOB
    Participant

@zinger 2689 wrote:

Since when did we become a city?

I see pedantry rules !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News