Mines Rescue Station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mines Rescue Station

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Further to zingers posts 9 06 and 10 17pm, I have viewed the YouTube videos referred to and they certainly do not reflect the condition of the building today. They are years old despite only being posted in 2010. North Wales Fire Service spent many thousands of pounds converting the areas mentioned into a breathing apparatus training gallery around 1999-2000. I know, because I was there.

JanW
    Participant

I assume these were the parts damaged when the demolision started. Lets hope the building is restored sympathetically before any conversion takes place. It is a lovely, if neglected building.

zinger
    Participant

Benjamin, I can assure you that the Youtube video’s were done in 2010. I know both the man taking them & the man on them. They were taken when Nightingale House were emptying the building of stored items. I also have photo’s taken at the same time.

Chris
    Participant

After speaking to the clowncil plan???ers. it is clear they are not sympathetic to the building or to the heritage of Wrexham.
    It is quite clear the this latest lot of developers aim is to allow the damage from the illegal demolition to deteriorate to such a level that it will have to be demolished.
    The official told me the aim is to have the building repaired within two years of the development being completed. Plenty of time for high winds, heavy rain etc to destroy what is left. Of course this newly formed company will still be trading in two years time. To quote a local celebrity “My Arse”.
    Oh and how are the council going to enforce this? By a section 106 a piece of legistration that the council fail to enforce.
    Of course this is all a done deal, the Plan????ers are having meeting with the developers to agree a strategy going forward, starting today with the replacement of the emergency scaffolding to hold the building up. (makes you wonder why it was allowed for this safety critical scaffolding to be removed in the first place)

JanW
    Participant

Just take a stroll around Chester and you can see how much their heritage means to them. Wrexham council has always seemed to have the attitude that if it’s old pull it down. It’s such a shame they don’t seem to value the character of the older buildings. I had better move quicker or i could find myself under threat of demolition!

Chris
    Participant

Remeber the listed buildings in Queens Street. Developers got there own way in the end

thewayneinspain
    Participant

and how did dickens get away without not paying to get it fixed???

When it comes to property developers the council prefers to kiss than use its teeth… e.g. the moss/roberts pension plan at the racecourse, brymbo, etc

zinger
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2586 wrote:

and how did dickens get away without not paying to get it fixed???

When it comes to property developers the council prefers to kiss than use its teeth… e.g. the moss/roberts pension plan at the racecourse, brymbo, etc

You tell me. When he was in court, in mitigation he said that he had started a project to restore the building & had engaged a leading architect. Now that he has ‘sold’ the station who is now responsible?
    It makes a mockery of everything if CADW, WCBC & the courts between them can’t do anything to get justice.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@zinger 2588 wrote:

You tell me. When he was in court, in mitigation he said that he had started a project to restore the building & had engaged a leading architect. Now that he has ‘sold’ the station who is now responsible?
    It makes a mockery of everything if CADW, WCBC & the courts between them can’t do anything to get justice.

They didn’t want too.

The press could have embarrassed him too, but they won’t because he pays them advertising and of course their chapters are neighbours.

zinger
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2591 wrote:

They didn’t want too.

The press could have embarrassed him too, but they won’t because he pays them advertising and of course their chapters are neighbours.

Sorry, I dont understand the last bit.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News