Miners Monument

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Miners Monument

• Author

Rex Ham
    Participant

Reading the Daily Post, I am disappointed to read that some people are being critical of the sculpture, calling it “scrap” and saying the council have paid for it.

Even if the sculpture were made out of scrap metal (and in a way, I hope it was) there is no need to be negative about it. If the council had paid for it (and the creator says not), then it’s the first worthwhile expenditure they’ve made in years!

And, looking closely, I think the miner is leaning on a pick axe, not taking a pee. My dad used to tell me there was never time for a pee down the pit!!!

zinger
    Participant

If ex miners like it, then that is good enough for me. It is nice to see someone doing something without expecting monetary gain.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=112727]Reading the Daily Post, I am disappointed to read that some people are being critical of the sculpture, calling it “scrap” and saying the council have paid for it.

Well straight away I can see your problem Rex, ‘reading the daily post’ !! or the morning Leader as I refer to it. Its easy to scoff and I quite often do, but the scupture is something that the whole county should be proud of!

Chris
    Participant

It looks fantastic Ian

Chris
    Participant

Major Miner

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators

News

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News