Miners Monument

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Miners Monument

• Author

CarolThomas
    Participant

Well done to everyone involved with the structure on the top of Bersham Bank – brilliant bit of inspiration and something to cheer everyone up. Lets hope that the ‘powers that be’ don’t try to remove it. Try to get it listed as a first for North Wales as an iconic piece of artwork in memory of the 1000’s of miners from the region.

Rohelendus
    Participant

I agree .. well done… I do hope the ‘powers that be’ take the trouble to reflect on public opinion on this.

They should also think of the descendants of those Miners that dug and hammered the coal from that mine way before machinery arrived to ease their still dreadful work. Work that was necessary to eke a living when the Mine owners of the time lived wealthy priviledged live.

Even when the Coal Industry was Nationalised it was still hard graft and work than none of the lilly livered, soft skinned ‘powers that be’ would carry out.
    Apart from that This mound should be kept in memory of the men who worked there and men who died there.

I challenge the ‘powers that be’ to refute that without sounding callous and PROVING THEY ARE CALLOUS AND UNFEELING to the people of Wrexham and the memory of those people.

Daave63
    Participant

The statue looks fantastic and well done to the artist and his army of helpers – great joke though Carol ‘Try to get it listed as a first for North Wales’ that will save it!

One ‘little thing’ though, why can I see him having a pee? Or is it a Welsh Leak??

Rex Ham
    Participant

It is amazing that a small group of people have created and installed such an instantly iconic piece of sculpture for everyone to enjoy.

Please let it stay. It will become our own Angel of the north Wales.

Marty
    Participant

Well done to all the volunteers involved. What a wonderful tribute and memorial. All achieved without any expensive consultants, secret reports, ‘experts’ telling us what we need. This could catch on !

Ponciau
    Participant

As an ex miner this structure is iconic well done may it stand for many years😎

dagg
    Participant

Council will take it down soon, a distraction to passing traffic.

newwales
    Participant

I agree it does look fantastic, although form a couple of angles, it looks like he is taking a pee!!!.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=112326]Council will take it down soon, a distraction to passing traffic.

[/quote]
    PASSING TRAFFIC!! For gods sake Dagg, take a look out the window its like a feller from Jamaica completely securing something! Its total ‘dreadlock’ out there!!

Sorry Rolend, seriously though the Council won’t take it down, they never look up from their blinkered opinions!!

IanW
    Participant

Great to have such a positive response . Thank you. The council can’t remove it because it’s on private land . They would instruct Bersham Glenside Ltd to do so,and so far they’ve not removed anything !! If indeed they can contact them .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News