Millions to be spent on Arts Hub….

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Millions to be spent on Arts Hub….

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

NosyParking wrote : Wrecsam_ lad, a lad from wrexham I assume, posting on wrexham.com, I assume you being local would have been a huge mystery to people and your gender is somehow revant,

People who use this sort of naming convention on profiles are generally really low IQ……

So what does your profile say about you then Nosy – an arrogant pr1ck and know all tw&t perchance?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

[quote quote=108465]Wrecsam_ lad, a lad from wrexham I assume, posting on wrexham.com, I assume you being local would have been a huge mystery to people and your gender is somehow revant,

People who use this sort of naming convention on profiles are generally really low IQ, as shown on your reliance for both insults and illustrations, I imagine many of the books you read are full of pictures.

it took about 20 seconds to find that document, I type ” adult literacy wales ” into a search engine and there it was, ( again another warning sign you are a little slow you thinking finding information is hard)

Of course my overall judgment is based around the fact you highligthed the shocked state of education in the town in my post, ( clearly projecting your own self worries) rather than commenting on how many more pie shops you would like the art hub money redirected towards?

A woman in wrexham once attacked some friends of mine in the street in wrexham, why you ask ? They were talking about how there is a lack of cultural attractions like musems and art gallerys in the town,, and yet multiple bookies and pie shops, the lady told them if they didn’t like they town they could ” go somewhere else” the conculsion drawn is she didn’t know the name of anywhere else.

Now we have that out o the way,

I made a statement, you called it, I’ve backed it up, we can proceed with the argument, what would you like to see the money spent on ?

[/quote]
    Hmm! musems museums gallerys galleries wrexham Wrexham conculsion conclusion
    And you say I have a low IQ… I assume you are not from Wrexham…

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

[quote quote=108467]NosyParking wrote : Wrecsam_ lad, a lad from wrexham I assume, posting on wrexham.com, I assume you being local would have been a huge mystery to people and your gender is somehow revant,

People who use this sort of naming convention on profiles are generally really low IQ……

So what does your profile say about you then Nosy – an arrogant pr1ck and know all tw&t perchance?

[/quote]
    Could not have put it better myself..

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=108465]
    A woman in wrexham once attacked some friends of mine in the street in wrexham, why you ask ? They were talking about how there is a lack of cultural attractions like musems and art gallerys in the town,, and yet multiple bookies and pie shops, the lady told them if they didn’t like they town they could ” go somewhere else” the conculsion drawn is she didn’t know the name of anywhere else. [/quote]

What did you expect her to say? F*** off to Sitges?

Sanada
    Participant

Whether you love the Arts or hate them. This town needs something more than just crap pubs and cheap shops.

Pinky02
    Participant

[quote quote=108515]Whether you love the Arts or hate them. This town needs something more than just crap pubs and cheap shops.

It would need a miracle

Alunh
    Participant

Pinky 02 wrote, and I quote “Whether you love the Arts or hate them. This town needs something more than just crap pubs and cheap shops”

I quite agree; it does. Problem is that we are talking about spending The Arts Council funds of £2.3 m,”700,000 from the VVP and £1.5m from Wrexham CBC. Figures of £5m are bandied around. All of this will have been raised via the Rates (or alternatives) from the tax payer, Business Rates included. Another way of looking at this, of course, is that 1000 businesses could have their rates reduced by £5000 (or some alternative) or 100 businesses over 10 years (which in many cases in Wrexham would mean minimal rates for a shop like mine).

You have to work out for yourself which one of these approaches would stimulate the most activity

AquaMagic
    Participant

Allan has a very good point here.
    I think we would all like a fancy arts center if it cost nothing at all. But economics does not work like that.
    Very few people seam to be able to connect public (council) expenditure with collected of (local) tax revenue.

He’s completely right in thinking that a drop in business rates would result in an increase of retailers moving back to the town center.
    And when I say move that’s what they have done, moved elsewhere, along with the jobs and services they offer.

KidA
    Participant

there is going to be a countrywide reassessment of rates next year to reflect post-recession rental values so surely rates will reduce for the majority of smaller businesses anyway, so Alun may get his wish.

AquaMagic
    Participant

I strongly doubt that will happen as business rate are one of the most reliable sources of income for central government. Remember even if a building is empty the landlord has to pay the business rate on the building.
    There is no intensive for government to reduce the number of empty shops because they will get paid anyway!

The only difference is that the landlord will not be able to claim small business rate relief and so will have to pay more tax then the tenant business.

This is of course assuming the businesses was eligible for small business rate relief.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News