Millions to be spent on Arts Hub….

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Millions to be spent on Arts Hub….

• Author

weasel
    Participant

What a waste of bloody money…
    The town centre is falling to pieces …and all that money is being wasted on “Airy Fairy” Arty stuff……

Alunh
    Participant

The real cost is far greater than you actually think

Not only will there be buckets of cash thrown at this place by the Arts Council (and WCBC) but the real cost to the Wrexham Rate Payer will also be founds in terms of the rents that will not come from the private sector into any units used for Arts. To give you an example. I rented the unit in the South Arcade that is currently used by an Arts based business called Periclo. I paid £760.00 a month for this unit (plus rates) and the rent would have entered Council coffers, the rates the Welsh Assembly coffers. Not only is the cost of maintaining units like this scarcely likely to be self sufficient in income terms (and require subsidies) but the rent is also lost. Perhaps most vitally, every time that a unit that has no foot-flow implication opens, it damages the Market (which cannot afford any more damage)

Sheefag
    Participant

Money for an Arts Hub, a guaranteed lossmaking endeavour that will be utilised by a tiny percentage versus no money for Plas Madoc leisure centre.
    A leisure facility for all of the community and at a time when adult and childhood obesity is a national killer.

Always remember, Wrexham gets the politicians it votes for and consequently deserves.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=108235]Money for an Arts Hub, a guaranteed lossmaking endeavour that will be utilised by a tiny percentage versus no money for Plas Madoc leisure centre.
    A leisure facility for all of the community and at a time when adult and childhood obesity is a national killer.

Always remember, Wrexham gets the politicians it votes for and consequently deserves.

[/quote]Wrexham gets the politicians they vote for. Well in 2012 when they last voted for the council the returns were 23 Labour but since then 10 members deserted their mandate so have not been voted in in the Tory- Independent colours they now support.This is the only reason the present ruling groups are now running the council and I am not alone in thinking this lacks democracy.
    By the way many thanks to Weexham.com for giving me the news on the arts hub- it is more than the council itself managed to do for their elected members!

Sheefag
    Participant

Interesting observation Andrew.
    Was there a golden age of Wrexham politics prior to 2012 that somehow passed me by or does the arrogant indifference to the public and utter fiscal incompetence embedded in the local council, in fact date back to the dawn of universal suffrage?

Someone, somewhere has repeatedly voted for this shower of dishonest imbeciles and in large numbers.
    Also for the shower of dishonest imbeciles that predate them.

They don’t get into power by accident.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

A fantastic new Arts Hub with a Polish supermarket attached to it! Just about says it all …..

AquaMagic
    Participant

I do wonder if Wrexham council will even be around in time for the center to open.
    With detailed plans for a merger with Flintshire council at lot of the people involved with this project may not around when and if it come to fruition.

TheSpectre
    Participant

Vanity,vanity and more vanity from the minority of elected members who have hidden agendas and make the majority of decisions behind closed doors that will effect all council tax payers.
    Democracy in this council has disappeared completely the few rule the rest.

AquaMagic
    Participant

How can you call this a vanity project when the people market building looks so ugly.

Sheefag
    Participant

Well AquaMagic, me auld gill-bearing craniate, you’re either daft or both.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News