McDonalds vs Ty Pawb opening what a choice

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum McDonalds vs Ty Pawb opening what a choice

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Wow, what a choice we have in Wrexham on Thursday (29th) reopening of McDonald’s with its swanky new electronic ordering, promotional burger meals vs official opening of Ty Pawb. Good luck to those businesses that have invested in their stalls or eateries but I bet Mcdonald’s footfall is a lot higher than Ty Pawb will ever be.

AMA Express
    Participant

Well, it definitely Maccy D’s for me. I know I can get a decent cup of coffee for less than £2 and a tea for 99p.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Decent? Coffee? Macca’s?
    Whatever you’re smoking ‘aint been stashed in a bin in the town centre.

Matt
    Participant

I can tell you one thing, looking at the comments on various Facebook posts/groups McDonald’s has significantly better PR than Ty Pawb. At least McDonald’s don’t publicly try to attack their critics, but instead try and engage with them in a positive manner. I’ve seen several people being personally criticised and discredited for making even the slightest negative comment about Ty Pawb or expressing any level of concern over the whole thing, even if it has been something very subtle and non-offensive over a pre-existing issue like “Well the People’s Market Building looks a bit ugly for an Arts Hub”.

The people attacking the detractors are people who are clearly involved in Ty Pawb, so have loads at stake in making the place a success, but completely alienating prospective local visitors by behaving fearful of any negativity and trying to discredit them is p*ss poor PR in my books. Would they rather it was like the Emperor’s New Clothes? and everyone is to scared to speak out.

At the end of the day the way to really slap us critics down and show us up would be for them to focus and concentrate all their efforts on making the place a roaring success. They wouldn’t even need to say a thing then, we’d all just end up looking mightily foolish and be forced to admit that we were wrong.

Council Watcher
    Participant

The significant non-attendance from Council members (note the number of uncollected badges at the opening) may reflect that there is a real division in our Council Members. There seems to have been a distancing also by our local politicians AMs and MPs. Do they know something already – Lesley Griffiths perhaps learnt a lesson having opened Sprouts Nursery and then saw it close within two years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News