Mayor Making

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mayor Making

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Looking at the Wrexham.com picture from the Council Chamber cant identify and Labour Councillors — was there a boycott- if so have they issued a statement?
    What is the symbolism of the three Plaid Councillors not wearing their gown?
    As the Mayor Making is actually a full Council event and ALL Councillors are expected to attend how can the absent Councillors — all 15 (unless illness)take their wage for a non appearance. Are we starting this new session of the Council with payment for non attenders – disgrace and shows a disregard to the electorate that voted for them to represent their Ward.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Dylan. I cannot be certain exactly who was there, as far as I could see there were 2 labour councillors in attendence (one not wearing robes). There were about half a dozen apologies. Sorry I can’t give more info.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News