Master Plan 2025

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Master Plan 2025

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

I have just complete the survey and was extremely concerned about the arrogant manner in which the questions have been written and the fact that the constant reference to what ‘WE’ will do.
    The initial blurb as a fleeting reference to work with others. Since when has the Council started to take on the role of the Royal WE — the town centre predominately is in the ownership of the private and commercial sector yet the Council are proposing to sort it all out at a time when they themselves are closing services and massively going to reduce town centre employment in the next 12/18 months.
    Why are they having yet another survey when there has been so much research independently carried out over the past two years with very little action. As has been already demonstrated with Quarterbridge report if there is anything in reports or research that is not line line with their predetermined views it gets buried/ignored!

My response to the final section:
    There is a massive level of arrogance in the way this survey has been put together with the terminology of ‘WE’. As you have not made any reference to any other partners – private and community sector YOU are implying that WE will be the Council who will do everything to implement the Master Plan. What a load of bluster? YOU are neither the landlord for most of the town centre property and YOU certainly don’t have powers to change building use unless YOU are going to go for compulsory purchase — Is this what YOU are trying to aim for – total control of the commercial property by way of compulsory purchases? I hope you answer this question in a public arena such as the Town Centre Forum?

Question 35
    Are you currently pregnant or have you been pregnant or taken maternity leave in the last year?
    Can someone please explain why – even under equalities monitoring this question has any relevance whatsoever in this type of survey–

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s CareerCivilServantSpeak.
    It’s designed as an impenetrable code, understood only by upper echelon, public sector, oligarchs.

R T
    Keymaster

There is some meat on the bones with the PDF draft Masterplan published today: http://www.yourvoicewrexham.net/UploadedFiles/09061005102015.pdf

wrexview
    Participant

The Master Plan states that Wrexham is “Anytown”and does not have a “Unique Selling Point”. Our indoor and outdoor markets are our unique selling point but our Council have failed to run them properly and seem incapable of refurbrbishing them and attracting niche Local Producers who are the backbone of modern successful markets.

The photo of the clock on the corner of Chester Street sums up all that is wrong with this Master Plan , it is aspirational with its ivy covering but misses the point that the clock itself has never worked !

Alunh
    Participant

[quote quote=101164]The Master Plan states that Wrexham is “Anytown”and does not have a “Unique Selling Point”. Our indoor and outdoor markets are our unique selling point but our Council have failed to run them properly and seem incapable of refurbrbishing them and attracting niche Local Producers who are the backbone of modern successful markets.

The photo of the clock on the corner of Chester Street sums up all that is wrong with this Master Plan , it is aspirational with its ivy covering but misses the point that the clock itself has never worked !

[/quote]

Just quoting what says it all

BenjaminM
    Participant

Dylan, in your efforts to make the first comment on anything and to muck rake wherever possible, you have apparently put finger to keyboard without actually knowing what you are talking about.

If you had read the document, you would undoubtedly be aware that in para. 1.4.1 and appendix 4 it quite clearly states that consultation has and is taking place with interested stakeholders. Therefore the ‘Royal we’ that you refer to should in fact be read as the ‘collective we’ as the document was produced by one entity, based on the input received – quite appropriately.
    You mention bluster in your missive – perhaps you should think about that one!

Wrexham, you state that the markets are ‘a unique selling point’ – perhaps you should look up what the definition of ‘unique’ is. It certainly doesn’t apply in the context you use it. To me, the Masterplan has got its’ summation perfectly correct.

wrexview
    Participant

Adding a green vista to an area doesn’t always achieve the desired aspiration,the Parish Church is lovingly looked after by volunteers but to get through to the newly restored Davies Bothers Gates you have to avoid all the wheelie bins, likewise Yorke Street provides a lovely view of the church especially when the daffodils are out only to be blighted by the bins stored on the pavement that serve the flats on Temple Row. Let’s hope those who implement this Master Plan drill down into the detail so this sort of mistake isn’t repeated.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Benjamin – thank you for your observation on my post, you have however overlooked one point — at the time I completed the survey the Council had not released the substantive document that they now want everyone to comment on. As the survey was released in isolation my comments were based on the available information at the time.

I accept that the overall draft report does reflect on some points a different view to my comments. I accept that there is considerable effort gone into the report and it does look quite visionary in some sections the majority of which will require private sector investment if any of it is to be delivered.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News