Masks in Takeaways

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Masks in Takeaways

• Author

janeywxm
    Participant

Just a quick question : Are staff and customers supposed to be wearing masks when collecting takeaways? I’m not sure on the rules.

Last night walked through town and saw numerous takeaways where both customers and counter staff were not wearing masks.

Again, I am unclear on the rules so…

Janey

JaneJ
    Participant

https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public#section-52213
    What is the legal requirement?
    Face coverings must be worn in all indoor public places. This includes on public transport and taxis, and in places where food and drink is served, other than when you are seated to eat or drink.

Do I have to wear a face covering at work?
    There is no universal face coverings guidance for workplaces because of the variety of work environments in different industries. If you work in an indoor public area, you will definitely have to wear a face covering (unless you have a reasonable excuse not to).

However, even if you do not work in an indoor public area, all employers must consider whether requiring staff to wear face coverings is a reasonable measure that should be taken in other indoor workplaces. Wearing face coverings will be necessary where physical distancing cannot be maintained, unless there are good reasons not to.

It will be your employer’s responsibility to make sure that the risk assessment for their business addresses the risks of exposure to coronavirus

Matt
    Participant

Well, you only need to look at the cases rising locally and in Wales to realise that the complete lack of courtesy of widespread mask avoidance in your observed instances last night goes to show why numbers are rising and why we are going to end up with tougher restrictions and for longer.

It is plainly obvious that when the firebreak was over, people treated it as they could do as they please – especially based on the worrying sharp increase over the weekend alone. Perhaps people think that with a vaccine in sight it’s less important to obey the rules as something will come and “fix” the situation, but it won’t be the case for those who die in vulnerable situations before they are able to be vaccinated and with the caveat that it works with no issues.

So far, the vast majority of people I’ve seen do wear masks, but I make a point of avoiding most town centre businesses (especially during peak times) and have a tendency to go to less busy rural locations. So I cannot confidently comment on what things are currently like in town when it gets busy.

zinger
    Participant

I do likewise Matt. I have only been into town once since March. However it depends on the rural locations that you use as the virus deems to be travelling around the villages. In turn it has been Gresford & Marford, Rhos, Chirk, Cefn Mawr, Johnstown, Broughton & now Brymbo & Coedpoeth.

The staff in my local chippy wear masks & have a screen as well. There is a notice in the window asking that masks be worn & only 2 people inside at one time.

janeywxm
    Participant

Thanks everyone,
    I did think that maybe they should have been wearing masks but as I haven’t been in a shop since last March I wasn’t sure!

I was driving through town and noticed the takeaways in the brook street area and by the cross foxes pub all mask less!

It’s no wonder we cannot get this virus under control in Wrexham :-(

Janey

pete
    Participant

And maybe a third of the people I see out in shops have their masks over their mouth but not their nose. Most people do the majority of their breathing through their nose.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News