Mary Portas TV Series

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mary Portas TV Series

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Spotted a post by Adam on the food festival thread, so spinning abit of it out here:

@Adam 6441 wrote:

On a vaguely connected topic, I just watched the final Mary Portas episode about saving the High Street. Highly recommended if you missed it. A lot of the comments on this forum were echoed throughout the series. Anyhow, it got me pondering about rents in the town so I checked the council site. On it is a pic of the high St cafe to let in the butchers market but it must be from yonks ago (dark red frontage and the cafe was called Tomlinsons) as I really don’t recall it looking like this. Anybody else remember? I can’t believe how smart it looked compared to the greasy cafe facade that replaced it.

Can’t get link to work but look for ‘vacant properties town centre’ PDF on council website..page 6.

I watched the one on Liskeard tonight, and have read that it was embraced locally better than others.

The list referenced above could be the https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/business/property/vacant_properties_town_centre.pdf . Its updated quite regularlly and contains prices, rentals , service charges and rateable values for properties.

Adam
    Participant

Cheers for sorting the link Rob. My fat fingers couldn’t get it to paste properly.. :)

Rondetto
    Participant

A lot of stall holders have moved out of the peoples market and the butchers market due to falling sales and rising rents. The council are doing nothing to help by raising rents.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News