Märkischer Kreis

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Märkischer Kreis

• Author

dewi73
    Participant

Is the Wrexham County Borough still twinned with the Märkischer Kreis district?
    It would be nice to think no money is being wasted on this type of frivolity with regards to the recent cutbacks.

Rob
    Participant

Possibly remaining twinned but I was sure it rang a bell and it does – Wrexham Council Cuts Detailed For First Time | Wrexham.com

No more visits so to save £9000 :)

dewi73
    Participant

I’ll be able to sleep tonight now Rob :)

wxm
    Participant

£9000 probably pays for itself a hundred fold in reciprocal trade …as is the case with a Mayor, who in respect of international trade relations is an essential piece of the jigsaw.

Iceman
    Participant

:( @wxm 10613 wrote:

£9000 probably pays for itself a hundred fold in reciprocal trade …as is the case with a Mayor, who in respect of international trade relations is an essential piece of the jigsaw.

I disagree about the Mayor. International trade relations, due to having a non-elected Mayor with no powers? Are you sure?

dewi73
    Participant

@wxm 10613 wrote:

The word ‘probably’ in the statement suggests it would be difficult to prove also.
    Hundredfold…pah, doubt it:rolleyes:

dewi73
    Participant

Rob
    Participant

When did twinning start?

Sounds a post war concept to encourage a connection to condition people not to kill each other. If so, and its a total guess, whats that worth :)

dewi73
    Participant

@Rob 10626 wrote:

When did twinning start?

Sounds a post war concept to encourage a connection to condition people not to kill each other. If so, and its a total guess, whats that worth :)

It was a concept around 60 years ago, surely we need to move forward and understand that these relationships have long since healed.
    I couldn’t care less if the relationship with Märkischer Kreis was dissolved entirely.
    At least the £9000 annual saving can be put to better use, private car reg plates for the Mayor or something else more tangible

Alunh
    Participant

@wxm 10613 wrote:

It’s always difficult to make the case for the more abstract things that we do as a community. I can see why it might be prudent to cut back whilst times are tough but this form of international networking is a vital component of developing our tourism and our trade links. I quite agree on the point about the Mayor and my only complaint on this subject is that our Mayor has no Executive powers to help counterbalance the Council itself

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News