Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

• Author

Simon
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 4235 wrote:

Any idea who owns it now? I believe that Dickens has off loaded it.

I can’t recall anything in the media about Dickens selling it. But I definitley remember prior to the fine that it was stated that the planning was put in by a company registered to Mrs Dickens.

zinger
    Participant

Mr Dickens probably wants to get rid of all the bad publicity that has surrounded him for quite a while now. His name is mud in both football & mining circles yet the potential was there for quite the opposite.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Simon;4272 wrote:
    I can’t recall anything in the media about Dickens selling it. But I definitley remember prior to the fine that it was stated that the planning was put in by a company registered to Mrs Dickens.

doesn’t have to be in press, but there should be a change at the land registry. I can’t get that for info for free sorry.

Would be interesting to see if the charge is there or who owns it, as dickens lied about the charge on the football ground when he half owned the club.

zinger
    Participant

Well, well. Curiousity killed the cat. Surprisingly, the figures match up. Same figure owed as was supposingly paid.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    zinger;4275 wrote:
    Well, well. Curiousity killed the cat. Surprisingly, the figures match up. Same figure owed as was supposingly paid.

Thanks

Meaning no money has changed hands. :eek:

No point in telling the mis-leader because they need his advertising money.

Chris
    Participant

This is getting to the point where an investigative reporter needs to step in (ROB)

jamie
    Participant

hi, as curiosity is getting to you i thought id make an appearance. My name is jamie sheffield the owner along with my brother of the mines rescue center maesgwyn road . any questions i will happily answer.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    jamie;4288 wrote:
    hi, as curiosity is getting to you i thought id make an appearance. My name is jamie sheffield the owner along with my brother of the mines rescue center maesgwyn road . any questions i will happily answer.

I think there is enough already on this thread for you to explain.

please go ahead…

e.g.

you say you are owners, but why have you a mortgage from the previous owner of the same amount you have allegedly paid him.

p.s. is not the greatest first impression by writing “as curiosity is getting to you”, it’s been your lack of transparency that has caused the cynical views of your company.

jamie
    Participant

Reading from the start of this thread i will mention some of the issues brought up. The first being a museum. And yes in a perfect world it should have been made into a museum with its history. before we bought the mines rescue center it was offerred to a number of organisations including the north wales miners trust at a discounted rate to what we bought it for but sadly none of them proceeded to buy.
    At the moment we are working with the council to make the rear of the building watertight. we dont have any legal obligation to rebuild it but the plans we put forward included rebuilding the rear and returning the plaques that were taken down from the front of the building.
    Yes there is a charge against the building to be cleared on planning aproval.
    yes it is a newly formed ltd company. with all the legal issues involved and the risks we are taking getting involved in a building of this nature we would be stupid not to and put our own homes at risk.
    what now for the mines rescue center???? we have a few different options to come back to planning with.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@jamie 4288 wrote:

Hi Jamie.

Are you related to the previous owner or have any family connection?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News