Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

• Author

pierce
    Participant

I was with my 13 year old Granddaughter in Wrexham and passing the formers Miners Institute, when she remarked why the building had not been turned into a museum for mining in the area. A question for which I did not have an answer. Now given the history of the Mining Rescue Centre building would it not be right and proper place for a Museum for the mining history of the area. A tribute to those miners including my Grandfather who died underground. The views of the readers of the web site would be appreciated.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    pierce;4230 wrote:
    I was with my 13 year old Granddaughter in Wrexham and passing the formers Miners Institute, when she remarked why the building had not been turned into a museum for mining in the area. A question for which I did not have an answer. Now given the history of the Mining Rescue Centre building would it not be right and proper place for a Museum for the mining history of the area. A tribute to those miners including my Grandfather who died underground. The views of the readers of the web site would be appreciated.

1. Money.

2. Greed of dickens & property developers.

zinger
    Participant

I wish.

Rob
    Participant

It was stated at the planning meeting that the building is in disrepair, so it will be interesting to see how quickly the process is followed to ensure that the owners restore the listed building to how it should be as per legal obligations.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Any idea who owns it now? I believe that Dickens has off loaded it.

zinger
    Participant

Since the scaffolding & tarpaulins were allegedly stolen at the beginning of last year it hasn’t even been protected from the weather & although it says on the planning notes that it has been “structurally stabilised” I am not too convinced about that either. What chance of restoration if they couldn’t even protect it from the weather.

zinger
    Participant

JJ Developments

zinger
    Participant

Sorry. JJ Properties (Wrexham) Ltd

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    zinger;4238 wrote:
    Sorry. JJ Properties (Wrexham) Ltd

anyone know the details of the charge they have on their assets?

zinger
    Participant

Only that in June 2012 there was a legal charge outstanding to you know who.
    Company Index)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News