Maelor Hospital Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Maelor Hospital Car Park

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

So there is to be a meeting between “all interested parties” regarding the opening of the new rear access to the Maelor Hospital. Hold the meeting at the site , get everyone to remove a part of the fence , exit/entrance open , job done !

Cymrodor
    Participant

I know there are exceptions, but generally roundabouts are marvellous things for traffic flow. I wonder why they’ve opted for traffic lights at the Moneypenny/Fire & Ambulance Station/Maelor Car Park junction rather than the presumably much cheaper and efficient option of a circle of cobbled stones in the middle of the junction?

Taffy
    Participant

Traffic lights are there to stop all traffic to allow emergency vehicles to exit the fire/ambulance station quickly.

Born Acorn
    Participant

These have been cropping up in overcrowded hospital and supermarket car parks:

http://www.anotherlevelcarparks.co.uk/

Slap one of them on the car park along the old line and double the spaces. That should give the hospital parking it needs for years to come.

Daave63
    Participant

Great Idea Mr Acorn, but who is paying? The NHS? Why is it these days everywhere you go, work, shopping, Hospitals people expect to have parking provided – free or otherwise. Take some responsibility yourselves!

Sheefag
    Participant

This calls for a ‘Phil Wynn, Cure-all petition’.
    Nowt can withstand it’s awesome power, rectification of all situations guaranteed.

asteve76
    Participant

If the vast majority of cars parked at the hospital belong to visitors, then maybe a system is needed to cross reference licence plates with patients.
    Of course, this needs the documenting of every family members vehicle number, including other relations and friends.
    (Of course, checks would be needed to make sure you really are there visiting)
    But it’s preferable to the situation we have now.
    As for people parking there who aren’t visiting patients, but merely sodding off into town, charge them. I think a minimum of £5 per hour should keep most people away.
    (BTW, my brother was there today visiting our dad, and he told me that he lost count of the amount of vehicles he saw that don’t have a ticket on display)

I’m not saying this is a very good solution to the problem but it’s just one idea.
    There’s certainly not much room for expansion.

Failing this, then charging everyone for parking would need to be reintroduced, at a higher rate.

Ferret
    Participant

[quote quote=124242]If the vast majority of cars parked at the hospital belong to visitors, then maybe a system is needed to cross reference licence plates with patients.
    Of course, this needs the documenting of every family members vehicle number, including other relations and friends.
    (Of course, checks would be needed to make sure you really are there visiting)
    But it’s preferable to the situation we have now.
    As for people parking there who aren’t visiting patients, but merely sodding off into town, charge them. I think a minimum of £5 per hour should keep most people away.
    (BTW, my brother was there today visiting our dad, and he told me that he lost count of the amount of vehicles he saw that don’t have a ticket on display)

I’m not saying this is a very good solution to the problem but it’s just one idea.
    There’s certainly not much room for expansion.

Failing this, then charging everyone for parking would need to be reintroduced, at a higher rate.

Let me get this right. You get admitted to hospital and the bloke from the pub wants to visit you. So his registration has to be documented first. But he still has to prove he’s visiting you not sodding off to town. Maybe he should carry grapes. But he might have been to town for grapes! And who’s doing the checking? Who’s doing the documenting? It’s a right problem and no mistake.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=124253]

[/quote]

The ticketing system hasn’t been in operation for at least a couple of years and I’ve been told there are no plans to put it into operation in the near future.

zinger
    Participant

Would a short stay car park work. I recently had cause to drop someone off for IV treatment on a daily basis. I also take someone with a blue badge to the Warfarin dept. Both only take a few minutes. They have usually finished their treatment before I have found a parking space.
    Something else I have noticed is that when people who have driven round the top end of the car park without success invariably drive the wrong way into the lower car parks.
    Staggering visiting times might help too.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News