Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lucas votes against air strikes

• Author

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

Thank you Mr Lucas for saving Wrexham from terrorist attack
    Nice one!

Councillor X
    Participant

Mr Lucas, thanks for representing the minority and wimping out! Remind me to give you a pat on the back next time we meet.

Leviticus 24:20
    Fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury.

Anyone opposing the bombings please respond with a better solution, and don’t say that they need to sit around a table and talk as we all know that cannot happen.

Time to park up.

Sheefag
    Participant

2 Kings 2:23-24

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him,
    ‘Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!’
    24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Councillor X
    Participant

I thought you were reporting on last month’s Planning Committee for a minute there Sheefag!

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I suspect after halving his majority at the last election and becoming a marginal seat he is far more worried about Corbyn and the Communist Corbynites deselecting him, than the murderous death cult and their campaign to wipe democracy from the world.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Isn’t it strange Mrs Crewe that you choose to castigate Ian Lucas for voting against military action to be extended to Syria, when on this morning’s Daily Politics programme, the exact opposite criticism was made against Stella Creasy (Labour MP for Walthamstow) who voted for the motion.?
    Let me remind you of a fact that seems to have evaded you: Ian Lucas was only one of two hundred and twenty three who voted against military action, along with SNP, Plaid and a considerable number of Conservatives.
    How do you justify (unless you are in a privileged position to know differently) that he did not vote in accordance with the majority of the Constituency’s electorate that bothered to contact him with their opinion?
    Just because he didn’t vote as YOU wished, doesn’t mean that you represent the majority and that you are right.
    For the record, I am in favour of the Government’s action, but it is a Democracy that we live in, and the majority, quite rightly, should hold sway.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

Reel your neck in Benjamin, as you say this is a democracy and I have every right to have an opinion, shocking though it must be to you that a woman dares to have one.
    In my opinion many Labour MPs in marginal seats were too scared to vote for action with the threat of deselection hanging over their heads voiced loudly by both Livingston and Momentum Corbyn’s enforcement squad.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

In 2014 Ian Lucas voted for bombing in Iraq as

“IS is a barbarous and ruthless enemy inflicting terror on the people of the region, as well as on innocent aid workers, journalists and others from outside the region. As you will know, a British citizen has already been murdered and there is no sign whatsoever that IS will respond to negotiation. The aim of military action must be to support the democratically elected Government of Iraq in building a non-sectarian society, an aim opposed vehemently by IS which is determined to inflict a barbarous regime on the country, restricting the human rights of the people of Iraq.”

I guess Ian Lucas doesn’t feel the people of Syria deserve the same protection as that which he voted to give the people of Iraq.

Interested
    Participant

I served my country in the Middle East on 2 occasions. Mrs Crewe would your view change if you had a loved one in the armed forces and in particular the RAF? I would like to see ISIS eradicated, slaughtered and treated as they treat others but joining a bombing campaign that so far has achieved nothing but increase the recruitment drive of young Muslims from all over the planet is not the answer.

I wish the pilots well and good hunting, and pray for their safe return.

In my view only solution is a regional force supported by the UN in a ground offensive. Having an army able to backfill the voids after bombings. This needs to be Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Oman and the other Arab countries.

Interested
    Participant

Oh! And further to my above Mrs Crewe the action won’t be further bombing of Iraq it will be Syria. Does Syria have a democratically elected regime?? It’s easy for people in a cosy living room castigating those making a difficult decision. Am I a Labour supporter? No, I am a concerned veteran who believes that this is best resolved by regional forces supported by the western governments. It’s about time Muslim countries helped resolve the disease that is sweeping the world. Radical fundamentalists don’t listen to negotiation.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News