Lucas the Gonner gets Reprieve

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lucas the Gonner gets Reprieve

• Author

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=173683]I think every match played by Wrexham FC so far this season should be replayed now, because I don’t think the results were right….[/quote]

I like it, you can’t blame our Boris for that.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=173615]Like many I’m thoroughly disenchanted with our political parties at present. Maybe the LibDems aren’t as bad as the two major parties but when I see people advocating a vote for the Brexit party then I realise that the world has gone mad. Apart from leaving Europe they have no policies and have a leader who has milked the system for years. He knows that even when leaving Europe he has a pension of over £700k per annum. The man is a good speaker but that’s it, nothing substantial to offer.[/quote]

Are these the same Lib Dem’s that propped up that ( insert Danny Dyer quote) David Cameron and his austerity. Said austerity had no small part in the feeling of the 52% that they were being ignored in the 2016 vote.
    I would point out that those who frustrated Teresa May’s deal attempts , when her party had a majority in Parliament were her own party including many of the present cabinet.
    One question- if the “ will of the people is to be followed what is wrong with checking “ is this what you really meant by Brexit”?

zinger
    Participant

There are no heroes in the Brexit mess. None of the political parties come out of this with any credit whatsoever. Not one of them.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=173797]There are no heroes in the Brexit mess. None of the political parties come out of this with any credit whatsoever. Not one of them.[/quote]

I’m sure many people feel exactly the same way – just look at the number of non voters or people not even registered to vote, but what is anyone going to do about it? Sweet FA that’s what. Hence the overall allowance of whoever is ruling the country at the time to run completely roughshod over us all without a care in the world.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=173797]There are no heroes in the Brexit mess. None of the political parties come out of this with any credit whatsoever. Not one of them.[/quote]

Perhaps, but there absolutely is a villain. That’d be the Conservative party.

Cameron calls a completely unnecessary referendum to settle a posh club room dispute with a handful of backbenchers.

He doesn’t set it up properly, he asks if you would like to stay in the EU or to leave, without saying what ‘leave’ actually means. A false dichotomy. He doesn’t insist on a qualified majority.

He loses it, then he walks off to leave May, then Johnson, to do some spectacular flailing while the UK heads for a cliff edge. Johnson’s actually trying to power us off.

You’ve got to hand it to these Conservatives. Nobody is better at creating a nuclear explosion of problems out of thin air, while ignoring existing problems.

But, hey, keep voting for them.

wrexview
    Participant

Singing, shouting, group action around one person, banners being held up , a raucous night on the streets of Wrexham? No, our MP’s last night showing the public how our of control they are.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=173826]Singing, shouting, group action around one person, banners being held up , a raucous night on the streets of Wrexham? No, our MP’s last night showing the public how our of control they are.[/quote]

Yes that’s right those are the politicians to blame and not the lunatic in Number 10. I think that was a significantly dignified response to everything going on. Has anyone ever seen what goes on in parliaments around the world when they disagree? Fist fights, knives, hammers and crow bars and that’s just this year.

There’s actually a website dedicated to it!
    https://parliamentfights.wordpress.com/

Those MPs singing, shouting and holding up banners are very much in control of their behaviour and shows a respectable British level of protest.

People need to open up their eyes and stop accepting all the swill gouged into their eyeballs and through their ears by an incredibly biased and right wing press who are aimed at cowing the public into accepting whatever will this perverse and corrupt government wants.

Whatever your hopes and dreams are for this country, Leaving, Remaining, protecting the NHS, ending austerity, making sure jobs are secure, equality, decent schooling system for your kids/grandkids – this absolute farce of a Johnson Government are not going to give it to you.

All this but Corbyn, but the EU, But the SNP, but Welsh Government, but Swinson, but ‘Remainer Traitor MPs’ are all massive deflections designed to be sucked up like strawberry lemonade to hide the shortcomings of THIS VERY PISS POOR GOVERNMENT who are smacking you all over the head with their gross negligence.

However, because so many are being kept on the hook by the dangling opium of a fabled Brexit where life is golden you are letting them get away with it.

The Government are so complacent at lying and colouring everything a tinge of ripe bullshit they are even sucking back up voters who swore they’d vote for the Brexit Party. Now I don’t particularly like Farage but at least he is openly honest about what he wants and what he’d deliver and if I wanted Brexit I’d vote for them and not the Tories. It’s very telling how far right the Tories have gone when their new favourite cheerleaders are Katie Hopkins and then Tommy Robinson singing Johnson’s praises right out of his jail cell.

The first and last goal of the Tories is to cling on to power indefinitely and protect their rich paymasters and media moguls – that’s it. They don’t want the average person on the street to do anything more than pay taxes, spend money in large multinationals and then be good and lay down and die when you’re done.

Here Endeth the Rant.

dagg
    Participant

As I have said in a previous post, I have lost all respect for the Labour party and will never vote for them AGAIN.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=173836]As I have said in a previous post, I have lost all respect for the Labour party and will never vote for them AGAIN.[/quote]

You also said Boris was doing a fine job in a previous post. Still agree with this?

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=173837]

As I have said in a previous post, I have lost all respect for the Labour party and will never vote for them AGAIN.

You also said Boris was doing a fine job in a previous post. Still agree with this?[/quote]

Yes, the other parties don’t want the UK to leave the eu. They don’t respect the majority vote. It’s got nothing to do with a no deal.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News