Lucas is a Gonner

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lucas is a Gonner

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

If BREXIT isn’t sorted I and many if not all of my friends would vote for a Farage led party.

Lucas is a puppet and does what he is told and NOT what the voters want!

JP
    Participant

So what actually has Farage done?

Collected a big pay cheque for doing f all, rarely turning up, not representing the special interest group (fishermen) that he claimed to champion.

Farage is brilliant, He scammed you lot; now drop and bend for the KY, because his mates that he does care about, are coming round for their turn.Enjoy.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=171318]So what actually has Farage done?

Collected a big pay cheque for doing f all, rarely turning up, not representing the special interest group (fishermen) that he claimed to champion.

Farage is brilliant, He scammed you lot; now drop and bend for the KY, because his mates that he does care about, are coming round for their turn.Enjoy.[/quote]

You mean the fat paycheck he has spent over 25 years trying to get stopped? I don’t blame him doing that tbh. The remainers say that we should stay in and try to change things from the inside and that’s what Farage has endevoured to do by staying there, without much, if any success. He has been a thorn in their side though and needed to be.

The Fishermen. He has always done and continues to do so fight to get us out of the EU and that’s exactly what the Fishermen want so he is working for them in effect.

Here he is on just that subject giving the Fishermen a public platform to air their grievances which can’t be a bad thing.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1010325/Brexit-news-latest-UK-Nigel-Farage-fishing-today-latest-EU-France-European-Union

Other than to say this, I am choosing to ignore your odious vitriol.

PS. Just who are “his mates” you refer to?

JP
    Participant

[quote quote=171325]

So what actually has Farage done?

Farage is brilliant, He scammed you lot; now drop and bend for the KY, because his mates that he does care about, are coming round for their turn.Enjoy.

You mean the fat paycheck he has spent over 25 years trying to get stopped? I don’t blame him doing that tbh. The remainers say that we should stay in and try to change things from the inside and that’s what Farage has endevoured to do by staying there, without much, if any success. He has been a thorn in their side though and needed to be.

The Fishermen. He has always done and continues to do so fight to get us out of the EU and that’s exactly what the Fishermen want so he is working for them in effect.

Here he is on just that subject giving the Fishermen a public platform to air their grievances which can’t be a bad thing.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1010325/Brexit-news-latest-UK-Nigel-Farage-fishing-today-latest-EU-France-European-Union

Other than to say this, I am choosing to ignore your odious vitriol.

PS. Just who are “his mates” you refer to?[/quote]

Farage was on the EU fisheries commission, he voted on three of 41 occasions.

Suggest you go and look up his EU voting record, big blanks, and lots of anti workers rights and pro big business votes otherwise; when he bothered turning up.

Aaron Banks, the guy who wants to run the insurance scheme that you will be forced to pay into to access the NHS.

Vitriol? just fact based.

Sick of being preached to by “got our country back” stupid.

Matt
    Participant

Good insights MP1953 and IMHO – even though I don’t strictly agree with your positions on Brexit I do enjoy discussing it with you. I’m more interested in the what, who and how? of the whole Brexit situation than the petty name calling – as I’m sure you both are – along with the majority of other people wanting to discuss things like adults.

I believe that Farage is a good orator and influencer and highly capable at galvanising people around the singular issue of Leaving the EU – hence why people flocked to the newly formed Brexit Party this year.

He certainly has been a heavy influence and thorn in the side of the Conservatives (mainly) and to some extent Labour – he basically forced Cameron to call for a Brexit referendum in order to satisfy the Eurosceptics in his party and the Eurosceptics being ebbed away to UKIP from his core voterbase.

Of course Cameron did it as a massive gamble as he was still crowing from his Indyref victory in Scotland that he thought he’d win. He had no plan or intention to actually take the UK through Brexit after losing and the strategy and plans that have come forth since have also been piss poor and rejected – we got a Crush the Saboteurs from May – which backfired, Brexit Means Brexit that produced a piss poor deal that nobody could agree on and now she’s gone. Torch to be passed on shortly.

I question Farage’s actual leadership or conviction as a politician though (I’ve praised him on what he’s good at). He quit UKIP because he believed delivering the Brexit vote victory was enough and he thought he’d not actually have to lift a finger to make it happen.

Now he’s had to create a single issue – Respect the Referendum Result Party to actually cajole the powers that be into going through with Brexit. Here’s how this works – he can’t do anything whilst Brexit Party have no MPs. The only way he can have major influence is through a General Election and help change the Parliamentary Arithmetic and increase the number of Brexiteer – No Dealers into the numbers. Brexit Party wouldn’t ever secure enough seats to form a majority government (if they do I will personally say WTF is going on and congratulate because that would be quite some feat) because they don’t have any other policies and I’m not sure they’re too keen to actually generate any that would create enough traction amongst the wider public. Their scope of voters is always going to be limited to 52% of the whole voter pie, that they also have to share with Conservatives, Some Labour Leave Regions and UKIP.

They’d have to prop up a coalition led by the Tories – whittled down to the European Research Group members and they’d have had to have ousted a number of Tory Remainer seats OR Labour Remainer seats to beat the deadlock in the arithmetic. If current opinion polls stand correct – there is expected to be a surge in Lib Dem seats (all Remainer MPs) and SNP are expected to hold steady.

So I would consider a very successful Brexit party campaign at an election for them to take around 30 seats, but equally I expect Lib Dems to increase their current numbers up from 12 to about 40+. So they’d basically cancel each other out and keep the MP Leave/Remainer ratio in its current deadlock and Brexit Impasse will continue.
    The trouble is that all of the voter shifting is happening at the extreme polar fringes of Brexit – so all the Hard Brexiteers are filtering into a resounding Brexit Party voting bloc and the Pro-Remain at all cost (Remoaners? haha) are filtering into a Lib Dems voting bloc. There are no seismic changes in the main ground.

Even though things have been very rocky the last few years, we are still very much in conventional mainstream business as usual politics. For something to actually change drastically there would have to be a complete catastrophic collapse in either the Conservative vote or the Labour vote – to create some kind of power vacuum in this 2 party system – but there is very much a contingency of hardcore supporters in both camps holding their ground. I’m also expecting Johnson to actually bounce support back up for the Tories a number of percentage points because he’s certainly more popular than May – he can talk the talk (even if his Bikes still probably need training wheels).

I couldn’t tell you where a Lab led government (majority or in coalition) because they are currently still in all out civil war between the various wings of the party. So it’s very much more uncertainty ahead.

zinger
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more Matt.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=171176]Lucas the LIAR is TOAST……!

Lilly[/quote]

Who’s going to succeed? We’re not really given much choice! I’d rather have someone who doesn’t slag our town off just to raise their profile. Wrexham may have it’s problems but there’s a lot going for it and people constantly complaining about it won’t help. PROUD OF WHERE I LIVE!!!!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=172531]
    Who’s going to succeed? We’re not really given much choice! I’d rather have someone who doesn’t slag our town off just to raise their profile. Wrexham may have it’s problems but there’s a lot going for it and people constantly complaining about it won’t help. PROUD OF WHERE I LIVE!!!![/quote]

Spot on!

Clap

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=171347]I believe that Farage is a good orator.[/quote]

Really Matt!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

“CANNOT BE TRUSTED”, Do you trust a man who wrote two articles for his Daily Telegraph column, one in favour of leaving the EU and one staying in the EU and then waited to see which side had most chance of winning before going to print.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News