Lower the tone, but lap up the publicity!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lower the tone, but lap up the publicity!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I see in the Mold/Chester Leader that people are objecting to a lap-dance club opening in Wrexham. Not out of any fear of abuse, exploitation or disrespect of the female sex, No, but that ‘it would lower the tone of the town’! Do the ‘hundreds’ of people who are objecting and signing petitions actually visit Wrexham after dark, its a struggling nightclub and pub environment, and anything to attract more custom is a good thing. The Rev. Do-gooder and Mrs Prudence do not have to go into these areas after dark or I they thinking or choir practice in Abbot St.
    As it happens, I walked through town this afternoon for the first time in a while and my god is it classy and something to be proud of. If the shops aren’t empty – with the windows covered in posters, then they are open – with the windows covered in posters. What a dump!

dagg
    Participant

Didn’t we have a lap dance club a few years ago,

Metalhead
    Participant

A quick check on Google (other search engines are available) seems to show there is one of these establishments in a neighbouring city. That couldn’t have created that much of a negative impact on this location as I was actually unaware of its existence. TBH I couldn’t care less if one opened in Wrexham or not but this talk of objectors did remind me of this!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IV2hNXc.jpg[/img]

AMA Express
    Participant

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain – and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin

janeywxm
    Participant

I don’t think having a lap dance club close to student accommodation is a very good idea.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=97569]I don’t think having a lap dance club close to student accommodation is a very good idea.

[/quote]

Why not, some of the student’s may want to go. I’m not interested in lap dancing myself but if people want to go
    I have no problem with that. Don’t think it will lower the tone of the town either.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=97569]I don’t think having a lap dance club close to student accommodation is a very good idea.

[/quote]

I think it’s a brilliant idea. It’ll save the students working there from having to walk too far back to their digs at the end of their shifts.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News