Looking for sponsorship

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Looking for sponsorship

• Author

Luke_Ashley
    Participant

Hi,
    I campaign on-line about all sorts of issues but basically It`s an attempt to help make the World a better place.
    I use Facebook and other social networking tools and have a healthy network of `virtual friends` from all walks of life from all over the world ranging from Film stars all the way to indigenous tribes in the Amazon.
    Check out this article to find out what I`m up to.
    If there is anyone or a business who wants to sponsor me to help pay for the flight and boarding in Ecuador, please let me know.
    If you just want to sign my petition, you can do so here
    Cheers
    Luke

Luke_Ashley
    Participant

To: President Correa, Republic of Ecuador
    President Correa:

I am writing as a fellow global citizen to first applaud your administration for what are truly revolutionary ideas – the Rights of Nature, Sumak Kawsay, and the Yasuni-ITT initiative. These have inspired the world’s imagination, are major contributions to a more just and sustainable world, and will be hallmarks of your legacy.

I am also writing to express my concern about plans for new oil drilling in the rainforests of the south-central Ecuadorian Amazon. As you well know this new oil auction, the 11th Round, contains some of the last pristine old growth forests in Ecuador. It also includes the traditional and titled homelands of seven indigenous nationalities that have repeatedly voted to reject oil extraction on their lands.

As concerned global citizens, we stand in solidarity with these indigenous nations and urge you to immediately stop the 11th Round and pursue alternative strategies for Ecuador’s long-term economic development that are consistent with your historic commitment to protect the rights of nature and the rights of indigenous people and to addressing the issue of poverty for your people.

As you also know, much of Ecuador’s Amazon and its people have been gravely affected by oil extraction over the years, and drilling in an area of such high biological diversity and cultural sensitivity will have devastating effects. If the oil that is slated to be extracted lay beneath Quito or Guayaquil, voices of concern would surely be heard. The remoteness of these potential deposits cannot justify minimizing the environmental and cultural dangers of drilling. These potential oil deposits lie beneath ancestral lands that have been inhabited and protected by indigenous people for generations. The indigenous peoples’ rights and commitment must be respected.

This is a historic opportunity for you and for Ecuador to lead the world towards a sustainable and just future. By halting the 11th Round, leaving the oil in the ground, and pursuing a truly sustainable future, your example would inspire people around the globe.

We urge you to do the right thing and respect the rights and wishes of indigenous people. The health and well being of future generations is in your hands.

Thank you.

(Your name and country)

By clicking the subscribe link below,
    Email Updates – The Pachamama Alliance
    you can stay up to date with the latest news, opportunities, and calls to action from The Pachamama Alliance. You’ll receive:

Upcoming events where you can connect with the Pachamama community offline
    Unique opportunities to experience our programs
    News from our initiatives in South America and around the world
    Reports on the impact of your investment in this work
    Inspiring articles, videos, and tips for living your commitment to a just, sustainable, and thriving world.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Signed.

¿Hablas español?

Alunh
    Participant

The economy of Equador is very dependent upon oil (as is the global economy). Poverty is eradicated by successful enterprise not platitudes. Hope your campaign goes well for you and nice to see your perspective

angryShopper
    Participant

Not a single thanks for putting old Julian up in his London digs

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3925 wrote:
    Not a single thanks for putting old Julian up in his London digs

off topic.

Robert
    Participant

Being as this is the “Wrexham & Surrounding Area Forum”, I’d say several thousand miles off topic…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News