Lockdown pub quiz

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lockdown pub quiz

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Well done Councillor X

What major feature in Wrexham has a smaller version in one of the opening scenes of and Indiana Jones film and why?

Mike Davies
    Participant

Wrexham church tower. Built at Yale university in America because Yale is connected with Wrexham and the founder is buried at Wrexham church yard.

JaneJ
    Participant

Well done Mike – it is in the opening scene with Indian riding a motor bike.

Where was the building that children didn’t like going because they could be gassed?

Mike Davies
    Participant

I would guess the clinic on Grosvenor Road. The children’s dentist used to use gas when I was a kid.

Councillor X
    Participant

Rivulet Road gas tower? or Wetherspoons toilets after fat Daz had dropped his guts?

JaneJ
    Participant

Well done Mike you are showing your age now – doon’t know if you are the same as me but whenever I think of the place I can almost still smell the gas and the awful rubber type aprons they put on you.

Which CoOp store used to be a toy shop?

Mike Davies
    Participant

I would say the one in king street. The building was a couple of stories in the past. Craftoys I think it was called. Brilliant shop.

JaneJ
    Participant

Memory Lane is good for you- real warren with lots of pocet mony toys and train sets

What church became the Registry Office?

Mike Davies
    Participant

Can’t remember the name, but next to the Library

JaneJ
    Participant

The location is right – will see if anyone remebers the name.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News