Local Elections 2012

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Local Elections 2012

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Well the dye is cast , I wonder what the dominant colour will be!

wrexview
    Participant

First declaration , sitting councillor Simon Meyer of Bryn Cefn (Liberal ) lost his seat to Labour, and is beaten into third place by the Conservative! Only 27% turnout!

wrexview
    Participant

Lowest turnout so far 19.8% in Plas Madoc, none above 30% yet. Even for local elections these are very low.

wrexview
    Participant

Stansty ward gets over 50% of voters out, shows all those posters worked!!

Rob
    Participant

19% sounds very low…

wrexview
    Participant

Results coming out very quickly and efficiently , seems very well organised by WMBC.

wrexview
    Participant

Queensway won by a margin of 2 votes, proves how important every vote is.

wrexview
    Participant

The people of Wrexham have elected a large number of Independent Councillors, showing that at a local level , local issues are more important to their electors than party politics. In the next few days it will be interesting to see if they all remain truly Independent.

Mike
    Participant

Just popped up a few stats after last night. Hope everyone was happy with the result for their area (though I doubt it!)

Conde
    Participant

I got hammered, but that is fair enough.
    Aslong as the people are happy with their decisions, then that is something I can not complain about.
    Though I must say congratulations to Mike, and Jeremy who are both on here, they both did fantasticly!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News