Local Elections 2012

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Local Elections 2012

• Author

Tony Birch
    Participant

Hi there, I would just like everyone to know that I am standing as an Independent candidate in the Brymbo ward and the reasons I did not reply to the questions you asked were because firstly I never recieved the letter from yourselves and then I was only made aware of you and your site and your questions this Monday which was too late.
    I was very disappointed to find a very condescending remark from another candidate stating that it would appear that he was the only one from our ward to reply to you.

Rob
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Tony – its a cut and paste from our email but worth us saying it ‘in public’ as well:

“Apologies about that, we did post out to all candidates and all letters were sent in the same batch – the address we sent to get to you would be:
    xxxxx

We have had one person mention regarding deadlines but not had anyone else not receive the letter, all addresses were sourced from WCBC data.

I would encourage you to join / post on the forums so this feedback can be public though!”

Perhaps one thing new councillors can do is have a chat with the local posties :)

wrexview
    Participant

I wonder what the turnout will be tomorrow? The weather always has an influence, rain usually means a lower turnout. Hopefully the sun will shine and the people of Wrexham will go out to vote and return a Council they want! Every individual vote is important, I can remember a dead heat here in Wrexham where the Returning Officier tossed a coin to decide the winner!

Liam
    Participant

I’ve just written a piece on how we’ll be covering the election tomorrow if anyone is interested, it could be a long day! Looking forward to it though, how are any candidates feeling?

Wrexham.com Launches Live Election Day Coverage | Wrexham.com

Conde
    Participant

Excitied, Liam.
    It’s been a tough last week, allways interesting when you’re canvassing and delivering and you come across opposition!!
    Though in fairness, it’s been very light hearted and very determined effort by everyone in Rhosnesni.
    I honestly haven’t got a clue how the vote is going to go for Rhosnesni at least, it’s up in the air due to a fresh set of candidates ( bar for the Labour Candidate).
    Win or lose, quite frankly I’ve had a brilliant time, and some very nice cups of tea from residents in the area. When you have been out delivering for 6 or so hours, a hearty cup of tea is a God send.
    How are you guys at Wrexham.com doing with the new news desk?

Mike
    Participant

@Conde 795 wrote:

How are you guys at Wrexham.com doing with the new news desk?

Going well thanks!

Just a quick note to all candidates before tomorrow (whether you’re members on here or just viewing) from all the Wrexham.com team…

An awful lot of hard work and energy has been put in over the past few weeks (in rubbish weather!) and hopefully tomorrow sees a great turnout and future for all the local communities in the area.

Good luck to all and see you at the count! (Say hello if you spot us :))

wrexview
    Participant

Polling Stations are open, why not vote on the way to work and miss the queues later !!!

Liam
    Participant

We’ve kicked off our live election coverage here, we’ll be going right up until the small hours!

Wrexham Votes – LIVE UPDATES | Wrexham.com

wrexview
    Participant

Interesting piece on the bottom of the Polling Card. “You cannot be issued with a ballot paper after 10pm, even if you are at the polling station before then. ” So make sure you turn up in good time.

wrexview
    Participant

Remember you do not have to have a polling card to vote, as long as your name is on the electoral register , all you need to do is turn up at the right polling station, give you address and name and they will check the register and hand you a voting paper. A low turn out can mean a couple of votes either way can alter the outcome, make your vote count!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News