Local Elections 2012

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Local Elections 2012

• Author

Rob
    Participant

The nominations have closed, and here is the list of candidates and where they are standing!

https://www.wrexham.com/elections/local-2012/2012-election-nominations-released-5840.html

Any thoughts from anyone?

Conde
    Participant

G’morning all!
    I am one of the candidates in the election this time ( Rhosnesni ( I’m D W Conde)), just so that people know, I’m more than happy for them to get in touch with me if they have any issues, thoughts on Rhosnesni or the wider local area, or just want a chat and get to know who I actually am.

Rob
    Participant

Welcome to the forum :)

How did you find the process to stand , did the council help alot ?

Conde
    Participant

Thankyou very much for the welcome Rob!
    In all honesty, I had alot of support from the local Lib Dems ( I just heard everybody groan then, but don’t worry, I’m not party political).
    I am one of the youngest candidates in Wales.
    The council have been very good in supplying candidates with information, briefing sessions etc.
    The process to stand on it own, is very straight forward, a bit of paperwork, and get people to nominate you to become a candidate.
    It’s a very exciting time though, and it’s only going to get even more interesting as time goes on! :)
    Thanks
    Damian
    ( Sorry if there are spelling mistakes, I havent got Google Chrome on at the moment)

wrexview
    Participant

I see Dave Bithell the Councillor for Stansty Wrexham has put up a number of posters in his Ward. Anything that raises the public’s awareness of the forthcoming elections must be good.

Rob
    Participant

There is still a good three weeks of campaigning – it will be interesting to see if things pick up!

Mike
    Participant

Has anyone had any canvassers round? We’ve had the Welsh Conservative candidate for our area round but no sign of any others as yet…..

Maybe it’ll ramp up in the next couple of weeks

Conde
    Participant

Hi Mike, if you don’t mind, what ward are you in?
    I might be able to tell you wether we have any planned canvassing sessions around your ward?
    ( Obviously, the candidates should be going around on the other days aswell!!!)
    Damian

Mike
    Participant

I have the pleasure of living in the Erddig ward. Should be a reasonably competitive vote around here I think…

Conde
    Participant

Our Welsh Lib Dem candidate there is really involved, Dr. David Jones.
    He concentrated his canvassing on one side of the ward, but as of last Sunday, has started canvassing the other side, so I don’t think it will be long.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News