Llwan Isaf

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llwan Isaf

• Author

Chris
    Participant

When was its name changed to The Library Field :D

Rob
    Participant

Ha! Heard it called the Library Field and Hosptial Field before now.

Oddly enough on all three you do get the odd ‘wheres that then?’

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

It will always be Llwyn Isaf to me.

zinger
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 6336 wrote:

It will always be Llwyn Isaf to me.

And me. If we don’t call places by their rightful names now they will be lost in the mists of time

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Does Llwyn Isaf translate into Lower Grove? I am not a Welsh speaker so apologies if my memory serves me wrong.

Rob
    Participant

WCBC: Wrexham Town Walk : Llwyn Isaf

This might explain the hospital bit:

“Originally there was a house on this site known as Ypsytty Ucha (Upper Hospital) – a name hinting at perhaps a past connected to friars or monks. In the 19th Century the house was called Llwyn Isaf and became home to the vicars of Wrexham.”

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The town walk looks interesting. I am going to print it out and follow it when we have the next dry day and I am not working.

jothejester
    Participant

It has always been called Llwyn Isaf. This is the first time I’ve heard it called ‘Hospital Field’ but this may be a reference to the old War Memorial Hospital which occupied the site of the college. I believe the ‘Library Field’ reference is commonly used amongst the student population.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Is there a name plaque on the field? I walk through it but haven’t noticed if there is or isn’t. If not there should be otherwise a whole generation might not realise it is named already.

justjojo2011
    Participant

It was known as The Library Field when I was a kid. Its official name is Llwyn Isaf, it’s local name is The Library Field… never heard it called The Hospital Field though.

@Chris 6330 wrote:

When was its name changed to The Library Field :D

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News