Llay United YFC Driven Off Alyn Waters over Parking Charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llay United YFC Driven Off Alyn Waters over Parking Charges

• Author

Bigbrother
    Participant

[quote quote=151009]

But Ellesmere is a town with town amenities! People are willing to pay for that and the mere and all the other facilities that are available. Hardly comparable with some green open space! Will you will be comparing it with Chester next and advocating charges of £4 for 2 hours!

Oh, and yes lets encourage the football club to relocate and discourage unhygenic dogs and their owners. Lets charge people so they go go to Moss Valley, Acton park, Waen-Y-Llyn and Marford Quarry (all free parking and all with about the same level or better amenities) instead for their recreation. Or perhaps they may just not bother, becoming more inactive and generally more unfit / unhealthy.

But each to their own views. In 6 months time it will be interesting to see a FOI request detailing the financial success (or otherwise) of this project.[/quote]

Not wishing to be rude but you really need to get your facts correct and not talk nonsense. How are the amenities at these places you mention the same level or better than Alyn Waters or Ty Mawr ? Where is the shop/cafe at any of them and more importantly none have toilet facilities. So how in your eyes does this make them better ? And I also think it’s good to discourage unhygienic dogs and their owners, not sure why you have a problem with this.
    As for Ellesmere, it is only 10p to park in any of the town car parks to use the town’s amenities for 2 hours BUT it’s a £1 to park at the Mere. That’s 10 times as much and that’s a £1 charge for 2 hours, not all day, which makes the Wrexham charges decent value.

Marie
    Participant

Er, you are rude and a bit confused! Llay side has no facilities such as toilets or a cafe. In fact, I make the distinction between Llay and Gwersyllt side clear in one of my earlier responses. I think you are perhaps confused in terms of geography – this thread relates to Llay side of Alyn Waters not Gwersyllt or Ty Mawr, Perhaps you spend too much time in Shropshire to know the difference? The Mere is within walking distance of Ellesmere. It isn’t comparable.

Oh and perhaps you need to get a dog? Dogs expose their owners to a lot of germs, which can help build up a human’s immunity to disease :)

zinger
    Participant

Llay side of Alyn Waters had neither toilet facilities or a cafe the last time I was there. It’s a tidy walk to Gwersyllt if you need those facilities.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=151017]Llay side of Alyn Waters had neither toilet facilities or a cafe the last time I was there. It’s a tidy walk to Gwersyllt if you need those facilities.[/quote]

Keep you fit that little walk.

Sheefag
    Participant

I remain amused that the Llay United FC parents, have been DRIVEN OFF Alyn Waters by a mere £1 parking charge.
    Now there’s commitment.

RDx
    Participant

[quote quote=150969]Clearly, for the utterly destitute populace of Llay, the difficult choice is between parking and eating.

This whole virtue signalling OUTRAGE neatly ignores the fact that Alyn Waters is easy WALKING DISTANCE from Llay. There’s no need to spend a WHOLE POUND.

Perhaps the only way to get the local whinging lardarses out of their cars would be to carry them there in sedan chairs.

Llay, capital of North Walean entitlement.[/quote]

Wow, did someone from Llay bully you as a child?

I dare say that a number of volunteers and children associated with the football club aren’t from Llay itself, so aren’t within reasonable walking distance. Also what you need to understand is that Llay is a relatively large village, for some residents it can easily take 20/25 minutes to reach the park, making that a round trip of 40/50 minutes. Although I would always encourage physical activity whenever possible, a lot of people can’t afford wasting that sort of time on aimless activities such as walking to a park or writing uniformed tripe on internet forums.

Sheefag
    Participant

I didn’t know it was a race.

Look, it’s a quid for 24 hours parking. Even Jackos aren’t this tight.

Beau4021AV
    Participant

i do really think the banter and exchange of views enlightening.

but the underlying thing to me is the plain fact that something uneconomic and plainly against the wishes of the local community has been forced through by a few who had not considered the financial costs and impact it would have.

it is unfortunately a consistent theme in the local villages. badly thought out half baked plans are the norm.

have heard a whisper that one of justifications for the travellers site is ” dont laugh” that there is a bus stop nearby. can someone please pass the message that by travellers they do not mean by bus. of course the may collect bus licence plates.
    here on planet earth one may wonder do we have a committee of silly ideas. are the paid as well ?

Sheefag
    Participant

Rather topically, I was reading in the Bible how the Israelites were driven out of Egypt in their masses, when Pharaoh introduced unpopular parking charges for chariots.

As Agsy Bent once quipped to Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr in the bar in the Welfare;
    ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

cmaj76
    Participant

Was that not the 98/97 BC season when Cairo United YFC got relegated?
    That one Shekel charge was just too much

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News