Llay New Road Speed Limit Changes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llay New Road Speed Limit Changes

• Author

lazyjack
    Participant

Can anyone explain to me why the Rhosddu-Llay road goes from 30-50mph just after the Pandy turning (the new sign is covered at the moment), then 50-40mph about 200-300 yards further down the road ? What is the point of the 50mph zone for 200-300 yards ?

Do the people who plan these things have absolutely no clue what they are doing ?

Andy
    Participant

From past experience. Nope, none at all!

(Cefn road, going between Llwyn Onn and Five Fords is 40 mph down and 60 mph up. Work that one out!)

KKOB
    Participant

@lazyjack 2010 wrote:

What is the point of the 50mph zone for 200-300 yards ?

So the “Road Safety Team” have a good chance of collecting more taxes? :rolleyes:

Olivers Grandad
    Participant

The lowering of the speed limit from the national limit is happening in many places now around the country, I noticed a few council workers putting up 50mph signs on the lane from Ruthin Road across to Bersham, not sure why they are reducing it from the national limit, have there been any serious accidents down there?

lazyjack
    Participant

@Oliver’s Grandad 2014 wrote:

The lowering of the speed limit from the national limit is happening in many places now around the country, I noticed a few council workers putting up 50mph signs on the lane from Ruthin Road across to Bersham, not sure why they are reducing it from the national limit, have there been any serious accidents down there?

I can fully understand reducing the speed limit from the national limit (60mph), what I can’t work out is why it increases from 30-50mph for such a short stretch of road, then back down from 50-40mph. Why not just 30-40mph ? All it will do is encourage people to put their foot down coming out of the 30 zone, then back on the brakes a few seconds later.

Does anyone know the best email address to contact the council on so I can ask them what they are playing at ?

JanW
    Participant

We stick to 40 until we reach the 30mph zone. Its too much hassle to speed up and then slam the brakes on. It is not very driver friendly since the changes but it’s a perfect place to collect revenue from speeding drivers.

zinger
    Participant

How many changes are there between Wrexham & Mold.

I wonder what it costs to have the sign made, from laws, design stage, materials, transport, through to man hours & concrete putting it in place. I bet that there is a few million £’s stuck on the side of the road. Change that to Billions.

Chris
    Participant

After doing a little bit of googling I’m sure the 50mph speed limit area Wrexham side is less than the recomended minimum distance of 400 meters

lazyjack
    Participant

@Chris 2228 wrote:

After doing a little bit of googling I’m sure the 50mph speed limit area Wrexham side is less than the recomended minimum distance of 400 meters

I’m almost certain it is, I timed how long it took me to drive through the 50mph zone at 40mph and worked it out to less than 300 yards. Not an exact calculation obviously but I’m sure it’s nowhere near 400 metres.

Why didn’t they just change the whole national speed limit zone (Llay park to Rhosrobin Rd) from 60mph to 40mph ? Would have been much less faffing around, cost less to do and safer for drivers. Perhaps that was just too obvious.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News