Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Which if I remember correctly, there wasn’t any traffic lights then. Stupid, thoughtless comment.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I always feel safer on foot, then my destiny is in my own hands. When in a vehicle my fate is in the hands of others. A lapse in concentration is all that it takes for an accident to happen. I don’t know who was at fault in this case but my sympathies are with all involved.

Sam
    Participant

@angryShopper 3601 wrote:

You would think an adult going to the tech would know how to use the traffic light controlled crossing,.. it comes to something when we have to legislate for stupidity

A very poor choice of words considering the unfortunate out come.

Regarding legislation for stupidity.
    The country is overwhelmed by it !

There are warnings printed on everything you buy and do nowadays.
    Why ? Ambulance chasing solicitors and the litigation system they feed on.

NJones
    Participant

The ‘truck’ was one of the contract cleaning vehicles like Inital UK. My source tells me the Land rover was driven by a local couple in their 60’s and the car broke down something like a clutch failure.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    NJones;3625 wrote:
    The ‘truck’ was one of the contract cleaning vehicles like Inital UK. My source tells me the Land rover was driven by a local couple in their 60’s and the car broke down something like a clutch failure.

apologies, when we drove past it, i thought different. i have no excuses i wasn’t driving, don’t need glasses and it was a clear day.

apologies if offence caused to anyone.

NJones
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3628 wrote:

apologies, when we drove past it, i thought different. i have no excuses i wasn’t driving, don’t need glasses and it was a clear day.

apologies if offence caused to anyone.

That’s fair enough- it does look similar to a council type livery. At least you are adult enough to admit when you are wrong unlike some posters on this forum.

Born Acorn
    Participant

If it was a yellow and grey cleaning truck, it was probably PHS.

I’ve always thought dual carriageways should have thicker shoulders – they don’t need to be hard shoulders, but somewhere you can pull up onto if there are problems. I think now you have two foot worth of french drain, which is mostly useless.

There does seem to be an unrelated issue though, in both directions where cars remain in the fast lane for the majority of the road, just because they are going to turn right at the corresponding roundabout.

Robert
    Participant

I’m surprised there aren’t more fatalities outside the tech (university!) since the speed camera was installed. More of my attention is on my speedo than the road ahead. I’d rather a person was doing 40 with full attention on the road, than 30 with most of it on the speedo.

…and those wanting the speed limit on the link road reduced to 50? When you’ve got that, how about a campaign for 40, then 30.

How about a campaign for people to take responsibility for their own actions instead of being nannied by know-nothing know-it-alls?

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Robert;3749 wrote:
    I’m surprised there aren’t more fatalities outside the tech (university!) since the speed camera was installed. More of my attention is on my speedo than the road ahead. I’d rather a person was doing 40 with full attention on the road, than 30 with most of it on the speedo.

…and those wanting the speed limit on the link road reduced to 50? When you’ve got that, how about a campaign for 40, then 30.

How about a campaign for people to take responsibility for their own actions instead of being nannied by know-nothing know-it-alls?

The reason why there aren’t any fatalities now is because the speed limit is only 30 and its enforced. The slower you go the more chance you have of stopping, plus you’re less likely to kill someone driving at 30 then if you hit them at 40.

There is nothing wrong going 70 on the bypass, I’m saying that on that stretch of road it is human nature not to concentrate fully on what is out in front of you because of the nature of the bend followed the turning for the flash and the roundabout plus many still have the muscle memory feeling in their right foot of going at 70 because they have just come from the bypass.

People should take responsibility for their own actions, i’ve be saying this on quite a few of these threads lately, but nobody is a perfect driver, we are all rubbish at some time during each of our drives.

The limit doesn’t need to go down to 40 or 30, it’s not in a built up area where kids are about.

Huw
    Participant

Well something needs to be done on the link road to stop it being used as a race track!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News