Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

  • Author
    Posts
  • #58925

    NJones
    Participant

    @Big H 3580 wrote:

    I know these 2 vehicles were probably not speeding

    By accounts I’ve heard the land rover had stopped on lane 1.

    #58947

    Huw
    Participant

    Sounds right, that’s what I have heard too. Pity they couldn’t take 1 of the lanes out of service like they have done with the Gwersyllt bypass. I was driving up there the other day and a car travelled in the outside lane the whole way doing about 50mph with cars UNDERTAKING it! Why do people suddenly forget the rules of the road as soon as you put double lanes near a roundabout?? Tesco roundabout is a prime example. Coming from Tesco and want to turn RIGHT past Police station – 3rd exit! Why on earth would you get in the left hand lane?!

    #58929

    Andy
    Participant

    Yes’ let’s build dual carriageways and then close off the outer lane. How mental is that? What was the driver doing sitting in the overtaking lane at 50 mph? You should only take the righthand lane on approach to the roundabout not a mile before it. Pisses me off when idiots overtake fresh air.

    #58935

    angryShopper
    Member

    The last thing we need in wrexham is another speed camera, another speed bump and another police officer sat at the side of the road, You can get dominos to your house faster than police in wrexham, take them off silly traffic duties and get them catching thugs.

    That one woman campaign for the turf speed camera was bad enough, don’t do a 1 man army llay camera, as that’ll be 1 camera for all the tourists coming to town, and 1 camera for all the trade going to the ind est

    #58912

    i remember the shock and dread, when a girl crossed mold road from the tech to the garage, was hit and tragically died. It affected all the full time students there.

    Safety became more important for a) it saves lives & injuries, but also b) as a business decision,the tech and now the uni showing they care for their students means good pr, no negative pr, meaning more students and cash for the local economy. Many safety improvements were added to the mold road after the accident.

    since the camera has been installed, there have been no fatalities. Job done.

    If there had been a 50mph limit yesterday and the land rover involved in the accident was indeed stationary, the truck would have an extra 50 yards of brake-ing (and if it had anti lock brakes also a possible strategic way to steer it out of the trouble.) It would probably still have hit the car, but very likely the injuries of those concerned would have been alot less.

    #58937

    michellecook
    Participant

    @thewayneinspain 3595 wrote:

    If there had been a 50mph limit yesterday and the land rover involved in the accident was indeed stationary, the truck would have an extra 50 yards of brake-ing (and if it had anti lock brakes also a possible strategic way to steer it out of the trouble.) It would probably still have hit the car, but very likely the injuries of those concerned would have been alot less.

    That is assuming of course that the driver was paying due care and attention, not on mobile phone, fiddling with radio etc. I wasn’t driving the van, so I don’t know what happened. Speed quite possibly was a factor, but cutting speed limits doesn’t necessarily make safer roads. Driver error accounts for an awful lot of accidents.

    #58913

    @michellecook 3596 wrote:

    That is assuming of course that the driver was paying due care and attention, not on mobile phone, fiddling with radio etc. I wasn’t driving the van, so I don’t know what happened. Speed quite possibly was a factor, but cutting speed limits doesn’t necessarily make safer roads. Driver error accounts for an awful lot of accidents.

    the truck was a council one, not sure if the photos tell that story.

    Agree about some drivers who are distracted easily. On that stretch it’s easy to be distracted because of the desrie to get to 70 as fast as possible and overtake, especially if you have just left the a483 and your momentum has been hindered by the roundabout.

    Even if you cut the speed limit you lessen the impact… Personally, if it was down to me even those who smoke whilst driving would get points.

    #58911

    wrexview
    Participant

    The truck was not a council one as the livery was yellow and grey.

    #58936

    angryShopper
    Member

    @thewayneinspain 3595 wrote:

    i remember the shock and dread, when a girl crossed mold road from the tech to the garage, was hit and tragically died. It affected all the full time students there.

    Safety became more important for a) it saves lives & injuries, but also b) as a business decision,the tech and now the uni showing they care for their students means good pr, no negative pr, meaning more students and cash for the local economy. Many safety improvements were added to the mold road after the accident.

    since the camera has been installed, there have been no fatalities. Job done.

    If there had been a 50mph limit yesterday and the land rover involved in the accident was indeed stationary, the truck would have an extra 50 yards of brake-ing (and if it had anti lock brakes also a possible strategic way to steer it out of the trouble.) It would probably still have hit the car, but very likely the injuries of those concerned would have been alot less.

    You would think an adult going to the tech would know how to use the traffic light controlled crossing,.. it comes to something when we have to legislate for stupidity

    #58914
    angryShopper;3601 wrote:
    You would think an adult going to the tech would know how to use the traffic light controlled crossing,.. it comes to something when we have to legislate for stupidity

    she was a person. To some people, she was a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a fellow student, a friend or a granddaughter, now sadly just a memory.

    btw before you typed that, you should have first checked to see if there were traffic lights then.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police concerned fraudsters could take advantage of new coronavirus track and trace system

News

RSPCA Cymru rescued 23 animals per day in Wales over the last 12 months

News

Virtual Summer Start-Up Week to deliver free advice and workshops to student entrepreneurs

News

Clwyd South MP praises online launch of Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod

News

Wales Comic Con to hold its second virtual event this weekend in support of the NHS

News

Air ambulance attends ‘medical emergency’ in Caia

News