Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley

• Author

DR
    Participant

On Wednesday afternoon (February 19th) at 2pm, Inspector Paul Wycherley from Wrexham Police Station will be taking part in a Question and answer session on our forums.

The web chat will start at 2pm where Inspector Wycherley will answer pre-submitted questions, which can be posted on this forum thread.

From 3pm you can submit your questions live on the forum for an hour.

This will be run with the usual ethos of the forum, so please make your contributions with the usual decorum. #decorumoftheforum

There is no guarantee all questions will be answered, however we will do our best.

This is a bit of an experiment for us as it’s the first web chat we have hosted. If it’s successful, hopefully we can host more. We’ve already had some interest from some outside parties who would be interested in taking part.

Ferret
    Participant

I’d like to ask why perfectly well police officers are allowed to retire (often on on “health” grounds on full pension at 50 and get a job with the same police force the next week. But he wouldn’t answer that would he?

Chris
    Participant

How are the police going to prevent Wrexham FC fans purchasing tickets in the home end at the upcoming Chester/Wrexham game?

Not interested in the punishment should they be caught but in the prevention, as thats the reason behind the Bubble status.
    It seems to me that with all the planned disruption to normal fans it will be easier and more convenient to purchase a home ticket.

Iceman
    Participant

@Ferret 11750 wrote:

I’d like to ask why perfectly well police officers are allowed to retire (often on on “health” grounds on full pension at 50 and get a job with the same police force the next week. But he wouldn’t answer that would he?

Don’t you think that may be a tad outside his remit?

Iceman
    Participant

@Chris 11757 wrote:

How are the police going to prevent Wrexham FC fans purchasing tickets in the home end at the upcoming Chester/Wrexham game?

Not interested in the punishment should they be caught but in the prevention, as thats the reason behind the Bubble status.
    It seems to me that with all the planned disruption to normal fans it will be easier and more convenient to purchase a home ticket.

I should imagine that will be up to Cheshire constabulary if it is at Chester.

wxm
    Participant

What part do the police play with other public services in making Wrexham an attractive place for companies and industry to invest, to encourage visitors to Wrexham who spend money, and achieving the best state of well-being for its residents especially the elderly for whom reports increasingly say are suffering social isolation through reduced opportunity in the community for activity.

zinger
    Participant

As a child many years ago, I was taught that if you you were afraid or lost, that the person to approach would be a policeman as you could trust them. Nowadays, I can’t tell a policeman from a security guard as they all look the same. How would I tell my grandchildren how to recognise a real policeman if they needed help.

SarahEdwards
    Participant

Hello, I found this link from Facebook’s Save Plas Madoc Leisure Centre Campaign page.

Firstly, I’d like to thank Inspector Wycherley for this opportunity to ask him questions and also pass on my thanks to the brave blue thin line he is in.

I would like to ask Inspector Paul Wycherley, does he think that the closure of Plas Madoc Leisure Centre will result in more crime in the area and more youngsters turning to crime?

I’d also like to know if thinks the closure of Plas Madoc will result in more costs in both time and finance for North Wales Police?

I look forward to your answers.

Thanks Wrexham.com for this opportunity!

Rondetto
    Participant

Eighteen months ago my car windows was smashed by two young males in the car park behind Chester street,they took a few things from inside. The police officer who attended the scene came to my home later that day and said they had the two males in custody and that the incident was recorded on CCTV. I waited 3 or 4 months then rang the station to ask what had happened since and was told the pair had been released without charge. I was left to pay £450 damage to my vehicle myself through no fault of my own.
    I would ask Inspector Wycherley why an incident such as this leaves the owner in debt and the culprits walk free.

Adam
    Participant

What is the long-term plan for dealing with alcohol and drug users who congregate around the town, specifically within the shadow of the police station – Llwyn Isaf, The Peace Gardens, Waterworld carpark and behind the Ebeneser chapel..?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Live Webchat With Inspector Paul Wycherley’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News