Live Parking Info Signs!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Live Parking Info Signs!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The Council are pleading a severe lack of money and are in the process of making swingeing cuts to the services they provide. Yet we see them installing live parking information signs. Trade in the town would have been better served by retaining the current parking charges rather than frittering away money on unnessary signs that will cost annual additional money to maintain them.

Liam
    Participant

I imagine the counters will read zero once the parking charge increases come into effect. An excellent investment :).

wrexview
    Participant

I wonder what the Council think the signs will achieve?

Born Acorn
    Participant

Is that what those thick black poles that were put up in May are meant to hold? Noticed them going up in various places from St Giles way to the library.

Wouldn’t it have made more sense to put them on the main roads into town rather than in the middle of it?

lazyjack
    Participant

@Born Acorn 10392 wrote:

Wouldn’t it have made more sense to put them on the main roads into town rather than in the middle of it?

Exactly what I was thinking, people need to know on their way into town which car park to head for, not when they are stuck in traffic right in the middle.

I would like to know how these things are going to work, without a barrier in/out system, how are they going monitor how full each car park is ? More importantly, how much is this white elephant going to cost to run & maintain ?

Another waste of money WCBC.

Chris
    Participant

They are making cuts yet wasting our money. I know where the cuts should be made starting with the managers at the highway.s dept

Darlofan
    Participant

And they’ll be like every other town that has them, inaccurate, need repairing which the council won’t be able to afford till eventually they will be switched off.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    lazyjack;10394 wrote:
    I would like to know how these things are going to work, without a barrier in/out system, how are they going monitor how full each car park is ? More importantly, how much is this white elephant going to cost to run & maintain ?

It looks like they’ve been installing Inductive loop detection systems at the car park entrances – look for a square of black lines around the entrance.

It looks like this (the lines on the floor), but outlined with black tar instead.

Rob
    Participant

Taith funded apparently – not Eagles Meadow , although they get the benefit of the signs…!

carpark-signage-500x373.jpg

New Digital Parking Signage Appears Around Town Centre | Wrexham.com

wrexview
    Participant

Can someone explain who Taith are and where their money comes from?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News