Litter fines

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Litter fines

• Author

Geth
    Participant

In the article on https://www.wrexham.com/news/meeting-erupts-over-guidance-v-law-on-wrexhams-75-litter-fines-113116.html, does Councillor Bithell state (in paragraph 9) that “He said (Cllr Bithell): “There are four enforcement officers and a team leader, total of five working in every ward in the County Borough”.

So I wondered how many wards there are for Wrexham County Borough, so I asked on my Internet search engine – and found the following:

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/council/wardmap.htm

total number of wards = 47.
    5 in each ward makes 5*47 = 235 staff

Seems that’s a lot of people?

Can anyone clarify this for me please? I will also email Cllr Bithell to ask him…[email protected]

BenjaminM
    Participant

I read that too, Geth. Just to pay the wage bill alone, that’s an awful lot of tickets that need to issued. Is this just another example of Councllors when put on the spot thinking of a number, doubling it and adding 20 and hoping nobody will see through their attempt at deception?
    I must agree with the Chair of the TCF who questioned whether WCBC should be adhering to the guidance document.
    From experience, I know that legislation is the framework that limits or prohibits certain aspects of daily life and Codes of Practice are issued that give guidance on how that legislation should be implemented. Adherence to a COP is a valid defence in law and WCBC would have some difficulty in defending their zero tolerance approach.
    I think that either the statement made by the relevant Cllr was an off the top of the head comment or he has been extremely ill advised.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=113177]In the article on https://www.wrexham.com/news/meeting-erupts-over-guidance-v-law-on-wrexhams-75-litter-fines-113116.html, does Councillor Bithell state (in paragraph 9) that “He said (Cllr Bithell): “There are four enforcement officers and a team leader, total of five working in every ward in the County Borough”.

So I wondered how many wards there are for Wrexham County Borough, so I asked on my Internet search engine – and found the following:

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/council/wardmap.htm

total number of wards = 47.
    5 in each ward makes 5*47 = 235 staff

Seems that’s a lot of people?

Can anyone clarify this for me please? I will also email Cllr Bithell to ask him…[email protected]

[/quote]

Five total staff, which will cover every ward in Wrexham. There is probably a comma missing or poor wording… I will self flagellate accordingly :)

weasel
    Participant

OK…So a fine for dropping litter…and a fine for dogs doing their business…I agree with that…BUT…what a bout the filthy creatures that VOMIT up and down the streets…..Shouldn’t these low lifes be fined as well…?

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=113213]OK…So a fine for dropping litter…and a fine for dogs doing their business…I agree with that…BUT…what a bout the filthy creatures that VOMIT up and down the streets…..Shouldn’t these low lifes be fined as well…?

[/quote]

Only if it contains dog shit or bits of paper obs!!

myfanwy
    Participant

I hope the litter clamp down works but want the ‘enforcers’ to show some common sense!!

Sam
    Participant

Having read all this thread and seen the litter officers in action in Wrexham town centre, I’m curious regarding why haven’t local Mp’s have not been prosecuted for flytipping due to the fact that before the recent local elections, thousands of posters were placed in your communities to drum up support, and they’re still there!

Surely with a name and / or address on a bit of litter can prove their guilt, a full on smug photograph, full governmental title and contact details.

Surely this is grounds for a flytipping prosecution?

CarolThomas
    Participant

Sam fully agree with your sentiment about Election posters being left up– who wants a reminder! Slight correction though the latest batch is for AMs so for once we cant blame the MPs. Even the AMs cant directly be blamed as most of the traditional placards you see have been erected by individual party supporters rather than the candidate – but that’s splitting hair.

The others that can easily be identified are the circuses that plaster over empty shops — more recently , and it is great pity as the events were very good are the Focus music posters on lots of empty shops in the town – organisers please take them down..

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Can someone let me know the Kingdom rounds so I can be seen picking up litter and claiming my 50 Nickerson?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News