Litter fines

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Litter fines

• Author

saddo
    Participant

I believe that Wrexham council are fining people for depositing litter. I wonder if this policy will be applied to the council’s bin men who when emptying bins in my street, regularly drop almost as much rubbish in the street as they put on the lorry.

JaneJ
    Participant

There also now seems to have been a change in the frequency of emptying street bins since the beginning of April- has the Council changed their emptying policy as most bins around town seem to be overflowing most days.

Daave63
    Participant

Could it be that the Council’s mad cap idea to keep the streets of Wrexham clear of crap is starting to work and the dim-witted idiots are starting to actually use the bins!!

cromwell
    Participant

Bin men are the worst offenders for litter but free from fines as its “part of the job” to dump a little litter on the street to annoy residents. As for litter fines in general it would be best to begin with Wrexham town centre and its filthy urine smelling shop door-ways and streets–no wonder half the shops are abandoned to the drunken rats of the night. I hear the town is now taking care of drunks in our much needed public toilets and getting them taxis home–great,, close the toilets and let them use the shop door ways to urinate. What planning,, well done Wrexham for spending our money so splendidly and efficiently. Instead of taking care of these people get the police whose wages we pay to try using the cells and issuing some eye watering fines via the magistrates. To be fair the council try hard to keep the town and surrounding areas in good order but fail to bring down the hammer on the riff raff and those with no respect for property and our town. Bring back deportation to Australia. Feel better for that.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=112206]Bin men are the worst offenders for litter but free from fines as its “part of the job” to dump a little litter on the street to annoy residents. As for litter fines in general it would be best to begin with Wrexham town centre and its filthy urine smelling shop door-ways and streets–no wonder half the shops are abandoned to the drunken rats of the night. I hear the town is now taking care of drunks in our much needed public toilets and getting them taxis home–great,, close the toilets and let them use the shop door ways to urinate. What planning,, well done Wrexham for spending our money so splendidly and efficiently. Instead of taking care of these people get the police whose wages we pay to try using the cells and issuing some eye watering fines via the magistrates. To be fair the council try hard to keep the town and surrounding areas in good order but fail to bring down the hammer on the riff raff and those with no respect for property and our town. Bring back deportation to Australia. Feel better for that.

[/quote]

It’s not just me then that thinks it was a disgrace about the closing of public toilets and then re-done up for people who drink to much.

Katia
    Participant

[quote quote=112206]Bring back deportation to Australia.

[/quote]

That ‘s a bit harsh.

Dragon
    Participant

I can’t understand all the fuss, no litter dropping, no dog fouling , no fines issued, no brainier really for those who actually have a brain!

Daave63
    Participant

Here Here, Dragon nail on the head! And Cromwell, tell me which door-way and I will piss all over it if it gets me to Australia!!

MP1953
    Participant

First Day Sees 100+ Litter & Dog Poo Fines – But Eagles Meadow Opt Out Branding It ‘Disproportionate & Immoral’

Keep it going I say no litter no dog waste no fine, long overdue initiative ..

Chris
    Participant

Is the idea to reduce litter, or increase revenue? Where I work currently there is a significant amount of litter and commercial waste which is clearly visible yet the council contractors are only interested in cigarette butts.
    If the idea is to reduce litter then the policy is failing as litter is not improving.

In addition innocent members of the public are being accused of littering, one of my customers was accused of throwing a cigarette butt on the floor by an enforcer. When he told the litter police that he had put said stub in the bin the enforcer stated that he had not seen the lid lifted. This worries me because these enforcers are assuming litter has been dropped rather than seeing the offence. Fortunately for my customer there were numerous witnesses and enforcer went away.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News