Listing of the Police Station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Listing of the Police Station

• Author

billycoen
    Participant

Someone has stolen the toilets. The police have nothing to go on.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

[quote quote=164542]

I don’t think that the point of listing buildings is to make money out of them is it? More to preserve different types of buildings for future generations

So you think it has the possibility say 100 years down the line to become a UNESCO World Heritage site?[/quote]
    I don’t think that’s the criteria either. There are some ugly old 60’s tower blocks that have been listed.

Matt
    Participant

Well, only a complete idiot would award listed status to the Police Station and:

1) Cost more money to the police by making the commercial supermarket deal fall through – when people are regularly complaining about the lack of policing activities in Wrexham. Why hamstring the force further?

2) Effectively block development in a key part of town – when everyone has been moaning about how Wrexham is a complete state and is in desperate need of redevelopment.

Did anyone check and see if the listed request was a sneaky cross-border sabotage from Chester to keep our town in the doldrums.

Adam
    Participant

[quote quote=164558]Well, only a complete idiot would award listed status to the Police Station and:

Did anyone check and see if the listed request was a sneaky cross-border sabotage from Chester to keep our town in the doldrums.[/quote]

Good point, Chester will be sh*ting themselves if we get another Lidl.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Who suggested this?
    Stevie Wonder?

Whichever clown did needs a check-up from the neck up, most idiotic suggestion I’ve heard in along time.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=164561]

Well, only a complete idiot would award listed status to the Police Station [/quote]

I know who did it ….. ALDI!!!

dagg
    Participant

A conservation body has given the go-ahead for the demolition of the former police station in Wrexham.
    Yesterday it was reported that CADW had been considering listing the high-rise building, which was vacated by the last remaining officers at the station in January.
    A new multi-million pound Eastern Command and Custody Facility is already up and running in nearby Llay.
    However it has now been revealed it is not worthy of being listed for its architectural or historical merit.

Good decision.

WreX-iT
    Participant

There was LIDL they could do to save it!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

[quote quote=164575]There was LIDL they could do to save it![/quote] Funny mate!

Anyway, no one wanted this, but if the people are given a choice, and choose, then the decision choosen should stand! Oh no, that’s Britax, a lot of stuff and nonsense about car-seats for my liking!

I am arranging a midnight vigil [Friday 9 til 10pm – need to catch the last bus] to raise awareness of this decision, and perhaps a compromise can be reached and we manage to save at least half the tower – but I think to preserve the outstanding views – it should be the top half!

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

[quote quote=164575]There was LIDL they could do to save it![/quote]

Not sure what Aldi fuss was about

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News