Library review

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Library review

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Worrying echoes of a beat that sounded loud and clear in Gresford 5 years ago this month. Unfortunately WCBC do not have a good record in “ consulting “ on such measures and it usually falls to a “ take it or lose it “ option – on a very tight timescale. This is not to decry the work of individual library staff ( mostly now “retired “ ) and the sterling support of the community council and the local community. However it ideally takes planning,thought and time- which was not the prime thought in WCBC’s mind in 2014 . It was to make sure any provision was “ at no cost to the council budget.”
    That said if any communities want to benefit from Gresford’s experience get in touch.

jimbow
    Participant

I am sure your local councilor who sits on the Executive Board will bring all his knowledge and wisdom into sorting this out.

Matt
    Participant

Jim – You mean all the libraries will end up very shiny and polished looking on the outside with very little going on inside – much like the Exec himself.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I attended that original meeting 5 years ago and when I tried to speak was just told to be quiet! Ssh!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News