Leveson

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Darlofan 2626 wrote:

They shouldn’t be doing something illegal. Journalists can listen to my phone all day long. As long as they don’t publish anything that’s nobody elses business i’m fine with it. It’s like CCTV I’m doing nothing wrong so watch me all day long.

but if say, using your previous scenario and jimmy saville had admitted something that was illegal what would be legal position of that admission of guilt, if it was recorded illegally?

Mike Davies
    Participant

@Darlofan 2626 wrote:

They shouldn’t be doing something illegal. Journalists can listen to my phone all day long. As long as they don’t publish anything that’s nobody elses business i’m fine with it. It’s like CCTV I’m doing nothing wrong so watch me all day long.

I think you are being very naive and haven’t really thought this through. So you wouldn’t mind if all your conversations were being recorded. Well that’s your choice I guess. Personally I don’t want to be listened to when I am having a private conversation.

Regarding CCTV’s, would you be happy if every home had them fitted and you were monitored all the time on the off chance of catching you doing something illegal?

Y Ffin
    Participant

If you want to know what a decent local newspaper is, go into the archives at the museum in the town centre and ask to see one of the old Wrexham Advertisers or a Wrexham Leader from as late as the 1980s. The local press then actually wrote their content, now they just copy and paste press releases. I am not even sure the word ‘scoop’ is in their dictionary any more. Perhaps the Welsh Government could spend a similar amount that it spends on papur bro on encouraging new forms of proactive english language local media across wales, though hopefully the results won’t be as boring as the papur bro. zzzzzz… chapel….zzzz prize giving…. zzzz…amateur sports comps….memories of how sh8tty life was when my family of 15 lived in a ty bach with no roof or door….

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News