Leader sales down

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Leader sales down

• Author

summerhill
    Participant

Is it any wonder sales are down, all the journos do is sit behind a desk and wait for stories if they got out and talked to people they would find a lot of interesting news items in the area, unless it is less news more room for advertising (revenue)

Rondetto
    Participant

That doesn’t surprise me, the Leader is so thin now it’s not worth the price any more.

dagg
    Participant

Stopped buying it years ago, to expensive.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I have never bought the leader. What’s the point when one gets put through my door for free every weekend?

Travis Bickle
    Participant

I only ever buy it on rare occassions now, such as pictures of my kids being featured. The Internet keeps me right up to date on footballing matters that it’s made the “news” obsolete. Gone are the days when I’d have to wait until half three to see if Wrexham had signed a player. Not only that but a few years back they started putting Deeside related stories in, which mean pretty much Nothing to me.

jimbow
    Participant

I miss the Wrexham Leader since they stopped wrapping fish and chips in it.

Alunh
    Participant

Barrie really has tried to operate a local paper in an age when newspapers are up against a range of pressures. I really do hope that the Leader finds a means to hold back the tide and turn its fortunes around on the Sales front. In this day and age, profitability may not necessarily follow circulation and I would be curious to track these patterns as well.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The loss of the traditional local newspaper will also mean the loss of communication to local people. Although there is a proliferation of technology there is now no longer a single information point. Wrexham.co is certainly expanding but does not cover all ages, local radio is often tuned into another channel or is not obtainable, and local TV many people still tune in to the North West.
    This is going to be a bigger issue than ever when it comes to the Welsh Government elections in 2016 – how will political parties / candidates get their message out to everyone.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Thats a point – I grew up a Granada viewer inspite of living in Wales.

morri58
    Participant

I am not surprised sales are down, some of the news is days old that you have already read in another paper. its also full of pictures of events around the area rather than news stories. Gone downhill since it became a morning paper rather then when it was the Evening leader which used to have news that had happened the same morning.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News