Lead mining in Coedpoeth

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lead mining in Coedpoeth

  • Author
    Posts
  • #72620

    zinger
    Participant

    sparky1, you have much more faith than I have in the ability for people to research. If people already work in the area presumably they already live somewhere, eat & drink, have furniture, buy clothes. There is a Lidl in the next village, a Sainsburys & Aldi one bypass junction away, Asda & Tesco in Wrexham & guess what? Chester just up the road. Don’t tell me that they will shop in the village. What there isn’t, is school places & doctors surgeries. There will be a nice new police station though in a village which isn’t particularly known for high crime. Still never mind, the building & road construction companies should make some money.

    #72635

    Bryn6
    Participant

    When new housing developments are built it doesn’t necessarily mean a vast influx of new people into the area. I don’t know what type of houses they are building but I’m guessing they won’t be cheap and will probably be bought by people already living in Wrexham looking to climb the property ladder. Their old house is then likely to be bought by a first time buyer, or investor who lets it out to local people ect.. There are a lot more people living 1 or 2 to a house now then there used to be I’m sure Wrexham Council will tell you there is a huge housing shortage.

    #72629

    sparky1
    Participant

    I wonder how many homes have been built since the turn of this century?????? Where do the people come from who live in these new homes??? Where do they get the money to buy all these new homes???? Strange so so strange

    #72630

    sparky1
    Participant

    @saxon1 19145 wrote:

    Wow 35 million and that doesn’t include a new school for all the new children, a new Doctors surgery for the extra 1000+ people.

    And as for research they certainly didn’t research the depth of feeling and objections that this development has brought about. 26,000 hits on Wrexham.com and counting, think it might be the biggest blog ever.

    Neither did their research discover that there has not been a golf course in Llay for many years and is now a landfill site.

    The one big thing they did research was the fact that the new occupants will not cause too much extra traffic on the already clogged up roads around Llay, as they can get on their bikes and cycle to Hope train station, get a train to work wherever that might be. So are we to get some new cycle paths to Hope or take our lives into our hands cycling on the roads around this area. Rose tinted glasses springs to mind. Its all in the Planning Application if you think I’m joking !!

    But I can bet you they did their research about if they could sell all those homes, how much profit they will make, how long it would take to sell them etc etc. But It all boils down to the right research don’t you think?

    #72616

    Saxon1
    Participant

    @bryn6 19150 wrote:

    When new housing developments are built it doesn’t necessarily mean a vast influx of new people into the area. I don’t know what type of houses they are building but I’m guessing they won’t be cheap and will probably be bought by people already living in Wrexham looking to climb the property ladder. Their old house is then likely to be bought by a first time buyer, or investor who lets it out to local people ect.. There are a lot more people living 1 or 2 to a house now then there used to be I’m sure Wrexham Council will tell you there is a huge housing shortage.

    If you look at the Planning Application it varies from flats, maisonettes and small houses. There doesn’t seem to be many larger type executive houses. Not many with garages but large communal car parks. Presume on the lines of Brymbo housing estates. Also affordable houses is in the mix.
    As for a housing shortage in Wrexham generally I have to disagree by just looking at Right Move etc as Metalhead pointed out.

    #72617

    Saxon1
    Participant

    @sparky1 19154 wrote:

    But I can bet you they did their research about if they could sell all those homes, how much profit they will make, how long it would take to sell them etc etc. But It all boils down to the right research don’t you think?

    Sparky1 I have to agree with you on that one. It all comes down to money at the end of the day and how many houses they can squeeze into one field.

    #72636

    Bryn6
    Participant

    @saxon1 19157 wrote:

    If you look at the Planning Application it varies from flats, maisonettes and small houses. There doesn’t seem to be many larger type executive houses. Not many with garages but large communal car parks. Presume on the lines of Brymbo housing estates. Also affordable houses is in the mix.
    As for a housing shortage in Wrexham generally I have to disagree by just looking at Right Move etc as Metalhead pointed out.

    Oh Ok then, most of the people I know who live in the new Brymbo developments are younger people/first time buyers, those who were previously living with their parents. I would assume the majority of houses on Rightmove are occupied and so the size of the property market in Wrexham isn’t really an indication of need, just that people want to move?

    #72618

    Saxon1
    Participant

    I don’t get that at all. People want to move houses for many reasons but if there are no buyers out there then these houses are just going to stagnate on the market for years.
    Big building companies building vast housing estates are not in it to provide a better life for its customers, neither are they in it to ensure it is the right area to build with a good infrastructure. Lets all agree they are in it to make money and build as many houses, just big enough for a small family to live in with no room to add on in the future as many houses built before were. Very small gardens and rarely a garage.

    Problem is young families need doctors surgeries and schools etc Before they build houses there has to be an infrastructure in place. There isn’t in Llay. 5000 people already use these facilities and you will see from the blog about the development there is no plan for these to be extended. If Wrexham Council are to be believed there is no money in the pot so if the developer does not do it then who will.

    Anyway we are danger to taking over the original thread of this blog and I am sorry for that to the original blogger.

    #72637

    Peterthewatcher
    Participant

    Coming back to the original thread – I wonder if the Council will settle ‘out of court’ as they could be held culpable for permitting planning permission on land that clearly is inappropriate (far cheaper than trying defend a ‘class’ action by all of the residents). It’s not that long since huge amounts of work had to be carried out near this site due to the old workings flooding and the houses being damaged– who paid for that work? Council, solicitors developers or home owners?
    Regarding the Llay site am I correct that one of the main underground tramways between Llay Main and Gresford Colliery is under the proposed housing site.

    #72633

    Captain C
    Participant

    The short answer to that is YES. We obtained the records from the NCB and it clearly passes under the proposed site and is the reason the why fields have sunk and that the Straight Mile is no longer flat and has a blind summit sign half way along it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.