Lead mining in Coedpoeth

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lead mining in Coedpoeth

• Author

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

Why are the householders in Coedpoeth moaning about having to pay for lead contamination to be taken away from their property– surely they should have been aware that their properties were built on industrial contaminated land — they only needed to ask any of the older residents if the area. This is not new contamination but industrial from over 10 years ago.
    Surely the Council should not have allowed Planning permission unless it was taken into account, the land registry and solicitors are also to blame — DO NOT expect the public purse to pay for problems that existed at the time of purchase and the lack of your solicitors doing proper land searches.
    If you live in parts of Rhostyllen, Minera, Brymbo, Tanyfron,Llay, Rhosrobin, Gwersyllt, Rhos, Penycae, Ruabon, Acrefair, Cefn, wuch are just a few of the areas arond Wrexham that all have the potential of contamination from past Industrial activity– Do you know what was on your land before the house was built.. if you are in Industrial Land have you had it tested- who will pay for it to be moved!!

zinger
    Participant

@Sheefag 19129 wrote:

Another good reason to build on farmland in Llay, no contamination anywhere on the proposed development site.

Doesn’t coal then come under industrial workings?

dagg
    Participant

@Sheefag 19129 wrote:

Another good reason to build on farmland in Llay, no contamination anywhere on the proposed development site.

Isn’t there a mass burial site on that land were animals where destroyed during the foot and mouth period.

sparky1
    Participant

I Think the owners should pay to get rid of it it’s their land, but they should claim the money back from the solicitor who did the conveyance it should have been picked it up at time of sale???????? and lets build more homes in Llay and Rhosrobin! more homes mean more jobs means more money for local gov means better life style

Metalhead
    Participant

@sparky1 19135 wrote:

…more homes mean more jobs means more money for local gov means better life style

Other than during the construction process how exactly does building more homes mean more jobs? Once these houses are built and occupied what then? Build some more..? :confused:

sparky1
    Participant

@Metalhead 19139 wrote:

Other than during the construction process how exactly does building more homes mean more jobs? Once these houses are built and occupied what then? Build some more..? :confused:

well i think that the people living in them will eat and drink oh might need funiture bedding clothes servies there bins emping lights on the street etc so who do you think will supply all of them ????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D o m g what planet you live in

Metalhead
    Participant

@sparky1 19140 wrote:

well i think that the people living in them will eat and drink oh might need funiture bedding clothes servies there bins emping lights on the street etc so who do you think will supply all of them ????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D o m g what planet you live in

The planet where there are already plenty of houses around these areas I could buy if I so wished! Just done a quick check on Rightmove for Llay (and 1/2 a mile around it) and it brought up 60 houses…

sparky1
    Participant

@Metalhead 19141 wrote:

The planet where there are already plenty of houses around these areas I could buy if I so wished! Just done a quick check on Rightmove for Llay (and 1/2 a mile around it) and it brought up 60 houses…

I don’t mean to come across as argumentative but these people who want to build these 350 houses will want to sell them yes???:confused:

sparky1
    Participant

Any way so i do think that at a cost of say over 35 million to build these houses. I think they might have done their research? Do you really think they are going to risk 35 million??????????

Saxon1
    Participant

Wow 35 million and that doesn’t include a new school for all the new children, a new Doctors surgery for the extra 1000+ people.

And as for research they certainly didn’t research the depth of feeling and objections that this development has brought about. 26,000 hits on Wrexham.com and counting, think it might be the biggest blog ever.

Neither did their research discover that there has not been a golf course in Llay for many years and is now a landfill site.

The one big thing they did research was the fact that the new occupants will not cause too much extra traffic on the already clogged up roads around Llay, as they can get on their bikes and cycle to Hope train station, get a train to work wherever that might be. So are we to get some new cycle paths to Hope or take our lives into our hands cycling on the roads around this area. Rose tinted glasses springs to mind. Its all in the Planning Application if you think I’m joking !!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News