Late staff wages

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Late staff wages

• Author

CarolThomas
    Participant

Has the processing of the Council staff wages been because:
    1. They have reduced all their payroll and finance staff so much they cant cope?
    2. They have had new software?
    3. They have outsourced to a new Payroll Bureau?
    4. They didn’t have enough funds in the bank to pay staff?

Any one of these could be a cause – all of us as Council staff deserve a proper explanation — the message to staff at first was only a few of us were affected then they have now said everyone.

Are we really going to get paid on Monday or will there be another excuse? I’m a member of Unison so I hope they can give us all an assurance that they are on the case..

Rondetto
    Participant

I bet there will be some that have direct debits and standing orders that will be missed due to this lateness. The council should pay compensation to them.

Daave63
    Participant

What a disaster!! The wife likes to drag me shopping on a Saturday morning – unfortunately my wages hit the bank this morning, and 3 hours later we are home! Up yours BACS!

james52
    Participant

[quote quote=138726]I bet there will be some that have direct debits and standing orders that will be missed due to this lateness. The council should pay compensation to them.

[/quote]

They have already stated they will pay any charges incurred because of the late payment! It’s in the article if you read it properly.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=138728]

I bet there will be some that have direct debits and standing orders that will be missed due to this lateness. The council should pay compensation to them.

They have already stated they will pay any charges incurred because of the late payment! It’s in the article if you read it properly.

[/quote]

How straightforward and quick it is for employees to get the council to reimburse them remains to be seen; I wouldn’t feel confident in their proficiency. Even if the council are punctual, the employees affected will still have the inconvenience of having to contact their creditors to explain why bills haven’t been paid on time, ask whether there is a penalty charge, etc.
    If employees are reimbursed by the council for late payment charges and inconvenience (which I think employees should be, actually), that would be funds in excess of wages, and it would be taxpayers’ paying for whatever the council’s mistake is on this. I do think the employees and the taxpayers deserve to know what the reason is for this.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News