Labour candidate in Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Labour candidate in Llay

• Author

AVoter
    Participant

Well said Sheefag, That took me by surprise indeed. It was a well thought out and factual reply and states exactly what is wrong with back bighting on forums.

Sheefag
    Participant

Are you really ‘AVoter’ or are you really ACouncillor’?

AVoter
    Participant

A Voter with an interest in fair play regardless of Party.

davojo
    Participant

You’ve got plenty of candidates to choose from in Llay, don’t waste it on someone who doesn’t give a sh*t what others think.

samDJ
    Participant

Is it in the interest of fair play to post what appears to be a community council voting slip with only four names on, one of them the Labour candidate Bryan Apsley, and leaving the other candidates names off?
    These leaflets were posted with the Labour ones at the weekend causing confusion for the voters of Llay

AdventureDeKannan
    Participant

OK here is my assessment of the candidates:

Terry Boland – useless never appears anywhere became independent because Labour were fed up of his non attendance and claims his allowance because he can (if you are too ill to attend don’t stand!)
    Brian Apsley – Him and his wife are involved in the community but Labour are a joke party right now
    Gary Hall – Not born in Wrexham but was first to respond to questions
    Ian Edwards – never heard of him
    Anthony Fontes – never heard of him and not responded to questions
    Nathan Hughes – just go away you muppet
    Hannah Jones – never heard of her and not responded to questions
    Victoria Jones – who? and what?!!!!!
    Rob Walsh – does a lot for Llay, regular newsletters across the year, attendance is good and always at the heart of issues concerning Llay and listening to what residents think and want

In other words, for me at least its a no brainer!!!!!

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=129527]Spot on Matt.

The only thing clouding the issue here however, is that half the posters on this thread are councillors who’ve very recently joined Wrexham.com, solely to rubbish the opposition. It’s deeply dishonest and it’s disrespectful to the electorate.

The way this shower of childish clowns pop up here every election time, just to verbally rubbish each other, serves no useful purpose for the electorate but gives a clear glimpse of the kind of tawdry, local individuals who crave for office.

The reason South Wales is more successful at gaining funding from the assembly, is because they raise a better political class down there. The electorate there have a better choice of politician and thus they elect a better class of politician.

The results are plain for all to see.

My message to these dickheads would be to drop the outdated adversarial approach that alienates ordinary people, tell us what you would do for the benefit of the community and quit criticising your opponents.

[/quote]

Agreed, I would add that it should be a requirement for a Councillor or prospective one to register under their real name.

davojo
    Participant

As the leaflet is Labour then the persons named must be promoted by the Labour Party. Does anyone else then think it’s odd that only one person in this Community election have Labour in their description? I can’t say I blame them because I wouldn’t put it either, but why is the Labour Party wasting money on promoting non members?

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/elections/2017/sopn_community_councils_may2017.pdf

G Hall
    Participant

Hi Adventure

You are correct that I was not born in Wrexham but have lived here all my adult life-having the good sense to move here 25 years ago and have lived in Llay for the last decade.

I welcomed the opportunity to get my messages across on Wrexham.com and will use my near 25 year experience in Local Govt(including 11 years at Wrexham Council) to truly represent the village, if elected. When delivering my leaflet to every home in the village I met with real friendliness and would ask to be given the opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to Council work(with either your first or second vote !)

Thanks and good luck to all tomorrow

samDJ
    Participant

I can assure you I’m not a Councillor and do not have a desire to ever be one.

Good luck to Terry Boland, Ian edwards, Gary Hall & Rob Walsh, the four who for me are the only ones worthy of becoming our Councillor.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News