Jobsworth Bus Driver

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Jobsworth Bus Driver

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Payment for benefits and receipt of benefits is real time.
    That is to say, the money you were paying in 25 years ago was used to pay the benefits, pensions, subsidised bus fares at that very time.

The people in work right now are paying into the system to pay benefits and pensions for those receiving them right now.

There is no magic, ring fenced pot of money with anyone’s name on it, this is why a declining birthrate coupled with extended lifespans is of such concern.
    As an aside, this is also why governments of any colour secretly, or overtly support immigration.

justjojo2011
    Participant

SO why is your need to get to work any greater than my need to get to work or get my son to school?

@wxmbda 18883 wrote:

also i think that it would be a great idea to scrap the bus pass for all and give out the tokens that used to be given then they would use them only if they really needed to travel and not board the buses when it is busy times filling up spavces needed for people who need to get to work that have actually paid.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Crikey, someone is rather stroppy!

But the fact is, he is right. We, as a nation are far too quick to complain about everything. I believe they are known as “first world problems”. This discussion is NOTHING to do with who pays for what, nor is it about bus passes, it’s about bus drivers not stopping. If the driver is driving like a complete fool, everyone on that bus has a right to complain. Afterall, it is OUR Lives he is putting at risk (and those he pulls out in front of because he’s 20 minutes late). If a bus refuses to stop because there’s another one behind him, I have the RIGHT to complain and moan.

Maybe you should get your head out of YOUR arse and use your own intelligence and humanity because your post was neither intelligent not humanitarian.

@The Monitor 19070 wrote:

You… asteve76 are an arrogant and unappreciative fool. If the ’76’ does not refer to your age … then screw you. Have you ever considered that every citizen who is of an age to have a bus pass, has already paid into the system sufficient to warrant free transport, and not only that. They have paid into the system sufficient to pay for your NHS treatments, schooling and possibly life saving treatments. YOU are what used to be called a total plonker. Now get your silly head out of your arse and start using intelligence and HUMANITY.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Andy 19076 wrote:

If you pay road tax then you’ve been scammed. Road tax was abolished in 1937. Use of the roads is free to everyone.

Let’s see you drive a car on the road without paying the appropriate tax and get away with it then!

Andy
    Participant

@johnhoppy 19094 wrote:

Let’s see you drive a car on the road without paying the appropriate tax and get away with it then!

Very easily if I was registered disabled.

There are millions of cars on the roads that don’t require tax. If you are referring to Vehicle Excise Duty, that is charged on the amount of emissions the vehicle produces. Efficient cars are zero rated VED.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Andy 19103 wrote:

Very easily if I was registered disabled.

There are millions of cars on the roads that don’t require tax. If you are referring to Vehicle Excise Duty, that is charged on the amount of emissions the vehicle produces. Efficient cars are zero rated VED.

Please read my post properly. I did say appropriate! !

Maureen Gray
    Participant

oh, stop going on!!!!!

Katia
    Participant

Being a regular bus traveller I would just like to thank the D1 drivers – especially with the roadworks at the moment – they do a brilliant job and are really good with customers in my experience.
    I have seen them go out of there way to be helpful, including to foreigners in the summer, and people that never seem to have the right fare – despite seeing the same faces every week causing the same fuss – and explaining how the bus pass works – they must have the patience of Job.

Whilst waiting for buses I often witness the King Street taxi rank drivers being great with the elderly and disabled passengers as well. Not something to take for granted compared to some places.

Good service deserves praise, I take my hat off to them.

asteve76
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 19117 wrote:

oh, stop going on!!!!!

Apologies Maureen. I seem to have kicked off this whole discussion (or should that be rant) about pensions and car tax etc.
    I would promise not to respond to anyone else on this subject, but you know how it goes, someone says something that gets up, on or in your goat, and you HAVE to say something.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

No that s fine asteve76, or may I call you asteve that s what this forum is for-um….oh look out Sheefag’s woke up all horney and racist again!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News