Jobsworth Bus Driver

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Jobsworth Bus Driver

• Author

steveg
    Participant

As a bus user, I’d say the driver is right. People use bus stops as a convenient shelters and as pick-up points for lifts. I’ve seen buses pull into stops where people were standing, only for no-one to actually get on. Multiply that by 10 stops per route and then there’ll be complaints about lateness.

dagg
    Participant

I thought only buses are allowed to pick up at bus stops, someone told me years ago (a really long time ago) it was illegal for other vehicles to pick up people at bus stops.

BorrasBill
    Participant

You are correct, it is illegal for other vehicles to stop at a bus stop. As I understand it the police can prosecute, whereas they can not for ordinary parking violations.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@Mrs Crewe 18815 wrote:

It was Pat’s Coaches about 8 years ago now.

My god Mrs Crewe, 8 years, most of these bus companies can’t remember what their driver did 8 minutes ago, never mind………………..zzzzzz

asteve76
    Participant

Whether you pay a fare or have a pass (especially if you have a pass), you should just shut up!
    Fine, complain if you think the driver is driving dangerously or doesn’t stop to pick you up. NOT if the bus is cold or smelly or has litter everywhere.
    Remember this, you are effectively travelling on the roads for free, while others including car and lorry drivers etc pay for fuel, road tax and insurance.

The Monitor
    Participant

@asteve76 19062 wrote:

Whether you pay a fare or have a pass (especially if you have a pass), you should just shut up!
    Fine, complain if you think the driver is driving dangerously or doesn’t stop to pick you up. NOT if the bus is cold or smelly or has litter everywhere.
    Remember this, you are effectively travelling on the roads for free, while others including car and lorry drivers etc pay for fuel, road tax and insurance.

You… asteve76 are an arrogant and unappreciative fool. If the ’76’ does not refer to your age … then screw you. Have you ever considered that every citizen who is of an age to have a bus pass, has already paid into the system sufficient to warrant free transport, and not only that. They have paid into the system sufficient to pay for your NHS treatments, schooling and possibly life saving treatments. YOU are what used to be called a total plonker. Now get your silly head out of your arse and start using intelligence and HUMANITY.

asteve76
    Participant

Surely, for all your working life, you pay your dues because you have to and that money goes to pay for, as you say, NHS and education and a hundred other things, NOT because you expect some sort or reward when you retire. Apart from your state pension.
    Things like bus passes, a free TV licence (over 75) and winter fuel payments etc, are gifts,things the government doesn’t have to give you.

MP1953
    Participant

There is no doubt youngsters do have it hard getting started today, but it was pretty much the same back in the day :D its just they want everything straight away these days. :rolleyes:

There is an article in the Times today that is saying that pensioners are getting benefits on the back of youngsters suffering, but as The Monitor says older people have earned and paid for all these benefits over the course of their lives, (or most of them) and if you notice no government is proposing to get rid of the bus pass ;);)

zinger
    Participant

@asteve76 19071 wrote:

Surely, for all your working life, you pay your dues because you have to and that money goes to pay for, as you say, NHS and education and a hundred other things, NOT because you expect some sort or reward when you retire. Apart from your state pension.
    Things like bus passes, a free TV licence (over 75) and winter fuel payments etc, are gifts,things the government doesn’t have to give you.

Have you tried to live on a state pension I wonder? Why don’t you try it for a few months? The people least likely to ask for state handouts are pensioners.

Andy
    Participant

If you pay road tax then you’ve been scammed. Road tax was abolished in 1937. Use of the roads is free to everyone.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News