Jobsworth Bus Driver

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Jobsworth Bus Driver

• Author

wxmbda
    Participant

also i think that it would be a great idea to scrap the bus pass for all and give out the tokens that used to be given then they would use them only if they really needed to travel and not board the buses when it is busy times filling up spavces needed for people who need to get to work that have actually paid.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Problem with the tokens was their was a black market and people who never used a bus would sell their quota to other people.. whole tubes of tokens would change hands

zinger
    Participant

Bus drivers are not all blameless. Some, though not all, indicate right & pull away from the kerb as one move, without checking. Some bus stops are not sited safely either.

johnhoppy
    Participant

As an ex bus driver I feel compelled to interrupt my Caribbean holiday to respond to this post.

Bus drivers have the responsibility of driving a vehicle costing possibly several hundred thousand pounds and are paid about as much as your average supermarket checkout operator, and havea duty of care to many hundreds of passengers every day. They are treated with contempt by many (not all) of the travelling public, and yet when something goes wrong they are slated as being unprofessional.

A poster above has stated that people sit in or shelter at bus stops for all sorts of reasons, and eventually most experienced bus drivers WILL NOT stop at bus stops unless someone makes it clear that they wish to catch a bus. Every bus stop is a request stop.

Another pet hate of mine is when passengers attempt to flag a bus down after it has left it’s stand at the bus station. The Council will fine the bus company (effectively the driver as the fine would be taken from their wages) if they spot it, and of course the passenger would not be insured.

Your average bus driver works very long hours for meagre reward so let’s show some respect. Most of them would not be doing the job unless they enjoyed it, but a few Passengers spoil the job.

To preempt a bright spark comment I can assure you that my bus driving activities did not pay for my holiday!

Sheefag
    Participant

I don’t believe you’re a real Bus driver johnhoppy, not with your perfect punctuation.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Sheefag 18893 wrote:

I don’t believe you’re a real Bus driver johnhoppy, not with your perfect punctuation.

It’s surprising what you can achieve with a Samsung Galaxy Tab, although thep predictive text does catch you out sometimes:D

NJones
    Participant

Ignore him, he’s got nothing better to do with his life.

Sheefag
    Participant

Poor old Jonesy.
    Bitter?
    Much?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@borras47 18866 wrote:

This is certainly a GHA driver….I was on his bus a few months ago and he was giving a lecture about people not putting their hand out as he approached the stop. He passed a number of stops with people standing at them even though some had put their hand out to request him to stop!!!

Sounds like the same driver I started this thread about.. Might get one of these to wave down a bus 41VWJH1Di9L.jpg

Sheefag
    Participant

ByUh-J2IUAEx0bF.jpg

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News