Jobsworth Bus Driver

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Jobsworth Bus Driver

• Author

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

As unacceptable as the drivers behaviour was a little part of me is asking ‘what did you do to drive him to such a reaction?’…….. Surely there must have been some sort of catalyst to explain this…….

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I and two other cars overtook him when he indicated he was stopping at a bus stop, he then just I had gone past turned right instead up a side road. He had indicated left but then started to turn right. I do think this is a bit odd that I am being integrated for being the victim of road rage. Regardless of what you think of the other persons driving, you don’t follow them home, get out of your vehicle and start screaming at them. But don’t worry guys, I know as a woman it must of been my fault.

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

:D I am nominating you for the ‘crystal clear’ plain English award ……

justjojo2011
    Participant

As a regular bus user, there are many jobs worth that work for all the bus companies that operate in Wrexham. The whole “I can’t stop unless you put your arm out” is a standard thing all across the country these days, not just here. I’ve had the same conversation with bus drivers in Birmingham. Although, with some stops, if you’re in the bus stop, chances are you’re waiting for that particular bus seeing as it’s the only one that goes past it lol.

I can count on one hand the number of friendly and polite drivers with one particular company and the customer service don’t really care how us as customers feel about the service. You tell them, they apologise and nothing changes.

However, I can think of 1 bus driver that has seriously risked my life while I have been on the bus and countless occasions where car drivers have done it instead.

Null
    Participant

@justjojo2011 18848 wrote:

The whole “I can’t stop unless you put your arm out” is a standard thing all across the country these days, not just here.

To me that’s not a new thing. I’m in my 50s and as youngsters we always had to hail the bus, or else it wouldn’t stop.

danofthewibble
    Participant

Arriva’s website and apps tell you how to catch a bus, and putting your arm out is listed there.

Mr B
    Participant

Mrs Crewe I remember the incident well. I was that driver. I think it’s time for the REAL story.

Mr B
    Participant

I was driving the 34 route from Wrexham to Garden Village. Travelling along Rhosddu road I indicate right as I am approaching East Avenue. I stop to wait for traffic coming from the direction of llay to pass. When my turn is clear I check offside and nearside mirrors and off we go. As I am half way through the manouvre Turning onto East Avenue Mrs Crewe overtakes me. I stamp on the brakes and avoid hitting her. After checking all my passengers are ok I carry on my route. Well when I get to WAtts Dyke Way which is on my bus route I find her unloading the shopping and of course stop and have a rant at her. I think quite obviously such dangerous driving deserved such a conversation. As for raising my hands at Mr C I can only imagine that your memory over the course of time has deteriorated. I am so grateful to be able to set the record straight and point out that the real victims were the bus full of elderley passengers who were thrown around the bus.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@BenjaminM 18819 wrote:

I would just love to hear the other side of the story!!!

And now we have!
    Puts a totally different perspective on it, doesn’t it?

BenjaminM
    Participant

@justjojo2011 18848 wrote:

I can count on one hand the number of friendly and polite drivers with one particular company and the customer service don’t really care how us as customers feel about the service. You tell them, they apologise and nothing changes.

Here’s the craic:
    The driver drives, you get on, you get off. Contract complete.
    Do you really expect the driver to share his life story or discuss the weather?
    Wouldn’t that lead to more delays that you were at pains to highlight on another thread?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News