Jobsworth Bus Driver

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Jobsworth Bus Driver

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Me and two other people waiting at the bus stop this morning. Bus comes stops a few yards past the stop.
    The driver said he didn’t stop because nobody put their hand out, he then shows me a paragraph in a booklet and tells me if he stopped at the stop and a car ran into the back of the bus then he would be at fault because he stopped at a bus stop when the person or persons waiting at the bus stop had not indicated that they wanted the bus to stop.
    Then coming up to the hospital there was a man on two crutches waiting at the stop, the driver again stops passed the bus stop.
    The man gets on and the driver said “you didn’t put your hand out, I’m not suppose to stop unless you put your hand out”.
    The poor man was struggling to get on the bus let alone put his hand out to stop the bus…
    Maybe the council need to put signs up on the bus stops telling people how to stop a bus…

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I got followed home by a bus driver as he was unhappy with my driving. Totally ignored the route, as I got out of the car he jumped out of the bus and started screaming at me, all the little old ladies looking on. What he was unaware of was Mr C was home and not in the mood for a psychotic bus driver to shout at his wife. I left them to it and started putting the shopping away, as the arguement reached its zenith, the bus driver raised his fist, Mr C whipped out his phone and took a photo of him. It seemed to bring him to his senses as he quickly got back on the bus and drove off.
    I would like to state that he was in the wrong as he had been using the wrong indicators!

The Monitor
    Participant

What bus company? In both cases please.

jok
    Participant

I would like to wager a bet that if bus drivers got paid by the number of passengers they picked up the service would be transformed overnight.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

It was Pat’s Coaches about 8 years ago now.

Sheefag
    Participant

In Wrecsam_lad’s case, it was THE OUTRAGE BUS.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@The Monitor 18809 wrote:

What bus company? In both cases please.

GHA, sadly, as I always find GHA driver polite and friendly..

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Mrs Crewe 18815 wrote:

It was Pat’s Coaches about 8 years ago now.

My heart bleeds for you Mrs Crewe, it must have been a really traumatic experience to have lasted within you for 8 years.
    I did note however, that you take not one scrap of blame for the incident, but of course, your driving skills must be without question, impeccable.
    He who is without sin………..etc.
    I would just love to hear the other side of the story!!!

Sheefag
    Participant

Go on Ben, tell us your side.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

Wow what a little hysteric! Mmm stayed with me? Well it’s not every day you get followed home by a man who then gets out of his bus and starts screaming at you, so I suppose it claimed a place in my memory as an amusing anecdote.
    I’m sure you have your reasons for defending what was essentially road rage so vehemently, maybe you are one who thinks following people home to scream at them is acceptable behaviour for a professional driver? Or maybe you were the rage filled driver, either way your defence of road rage is very interesting.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News