Island Green Car Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Island Green Car Parking

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The public must be able to drop people off at the train station on Island Green. Manchester Airport only charge £3.50 as a drop of charge , £90 sounds a bit excessive! DVLA selling off our data again .

zinger
    Participant

Parking Eye appear to be able to do anything they want. I don’t know how they got a license.

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

It’s ludicrous it’s 24 hours Pay & Display. Should be free when the shops are closed. And the ticket machines don’t give change!

Rondetto
    Participant

I was there this morning and while paying my £1.30 to park I heard a few behind me saying they were going elsewhere
    to park where they don’t have to put in their number plate.
    I didn’t say anything but I believe that once they’ve entered the car park their number has been taken and if they don’t pay they will be fined.

AMA Express
    Participant

The reason they changed the machines and require the recording of the vehicle reg on the ticket is that they are non-transferable. People were buying tickets, spending a few minutes shopping, and then passing the ticket onto someone else. They were losing quite a bit of income from it.

There are ANPR cameras on site and there is a grace period before a Penalty Charge is imposed but I’m not sure how long that period is at the moment. But until now, there hasn’t been a charge for driving onto the site, dropping or collecting someone, and driving off.

zinger
    Participant

A number of people on Facebook say that driving in & straight out of St Marks car park run by the same people incurs a charge of £100 from the date on the letter if £60 is not paid within 14 days.
    The lifts don’t work & some people can’t manage the stairs with buggies & children.
    The time charged is from entry & exit to/from the car park. The signage says that you can pay at any time. There were over 200 comments about it. They do no favours to the town.
    There are photos of Island Green car park being almost empty which is pleasing to some disabled people as it gives them ease of parking, although they do object to paying as they say that the machines aren’t accessible.

Bigbrother
    Participant

And if someone innocently puts in their number plate incorrectly, which is easy to do, will it still result in a fine ? Another own goal by the council. You simply cannot believe the incompetence, not that I’ll be using it anymore. They’ll be asking why less people than ever are shopping in Wrexham soon. Whoever makes these decisions should stop as they’re in the wrong job.

Born Acorn
    Participant

It’s privately owned and managed, nothing to do with the council. Free market forces at work.

Bigbrother
    Participant

[quote quote=165450]It’s privately owned and managed, nothing to do with the council. Free market forces at work.[/quote]

Since when ? I always thought it was under council ownership.

AMA Express
    Participant

It may be still under council ownership but it’s managed by Euro Car Parks.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News