Is Wrexham Busier this Christmas?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is Wrexham Busier this Christmas?

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The town was very busy today, the overspill car park at the back of Tesco’s normally almost empty was heaving by 10 o’clock. The Country Market stall in the People’s Market had sold out of mince pies well before lunchtime and Eagles Meadow was bustling. Good to see people spending their money in the town!

angryShopper
    Participant

more shoppers = more dips(that’s a pickpocket to you) and they have to park somewhere!

KKOB
    Participant

You’re real bundle of fun, aren’t you !

Sam
    Participant

Last week I walked out of Asda when I noticed a couple going through a whole meat display looking at the bbf dates on produce.

Are any of the forum consumed by this single day of shops closed madness ?

Yes, the shops are closed for a single day !

Consumerism driven idiots !

zinger
    Participant

I do hope that the town centre has been busier but it didn’t appear to be anything even like a Saturday in the old days, unless I am looking through rose tinted specs. Not normally venturing into Eagles Meadow, last week I went into 4 shops there looking for a special present & I came away without making a purchase. The big stores however did seem busy. For the first time ever I missed the Salvation Army playing carols which always makes me feel like Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone.

harry
    Participant

i didnt seem to think it was that busy, went to town at 2pm, spaces in island green and eagles meadow cars parks. went to clinton cards, asda, next and boots plas coch didnt even have to que. wasnt stuck in traffic at all (amazing for wrexham!)

Really expected it to be mental, quite a pleasant shopping afternoon:) perhaps most were still in bed after going out on chav friday last night

MadMan
    Participant

Town has been quiet compared to previous years, which really makes me nervous as shops rely on the Christmas period.

wrexview
    Participant

If the number of cars in town equates to sales then today is definitely a bumper day!!

Chris
    Participant

Sorry loads of spaces in the carparks more than your average Saturday.
    Really feel sorry for those poor souls forced to work over Chrismas, more so for those working in retail where there isnt really a need for it.

wrexview
    Participant

Yesterday the Eagles Meadow car parks upper and lower were the busiest I have every seen them.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News